cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S10+ (G975) 4/16/2016

Wizard

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S10+ (G975) 4/16/2016

Overall for those having these issues first thing is get a replacement SIM then see if that clears up the LTE issues then you might have to do a hard rest set afterwards as well. Also anyone that got their device through Sprint they should replace it if you continue to have issues. This is one of many reasons that when a new device comes out I always recommend dealing with the carrier. 

Read More Below..

Sprint will replace all Galaxy S10 units with LTE issues

https://www.sammobile.com/2019/04/18/sprint-galaxy-s10-lte-issues-replacement/

GrandMaster

should probably use the one posted by Sprint

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Phone-Device-Support-Library/SOLUTION-Updated-Concerns-with-GS10e-GS...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Then you never had a Note 7!  What?  Too soon?  OK, I'll get back to work.

@Kameshab76 wrote:

Never experienced so much with a Samsung phone.

Journeyman

I was hoping this fixed my "searching for GPS signal" problem but didn't.  I'm getting really frustrated with sprint. I bought this s10 plus straight from their website and the GPS function has not worked since day 1. I've already took it to one of their repair centers and they said to wait for an update to fix it. I just want my GPS to work or a new phone. 

GrandMaster

your LTE is working perfectly fine?

@Jakobmangus wrote:

I was hoping this fixed my "searching for GPS signal" problem but didn't.  I'm getting really frustrated with sprint. I bought this s10 plus straight from their website and the GPS function has not worked since day 1. I've already took it to one of their repair centers and they said to wait for an update to fix it. I just want my GPS to work or a new phone. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

First I've heard of any GPS problems.  I can tell you no GPS issues are being investigated at this time.  You may want to have the device checked.  I would hate for you to be waiting on software that's not coming.

@Jakobmangus wrote:

Journeyman

It seems slow sometimes but never loses connection

Journeyman

I already took it to a sprint repair center and they said it had to be software so they couldn't do anything. 

Journeyman

See if you have another repair center?

The basic troubleshooting software they have CAN check for GPS.

Show them this: https://i.redd.it/muvwgclmd9t21.jpg and say you want that test run.

It's not for the data issue and this one, like the LTE one, is far from 100% also but depending how the GPS is or isn't functional it may flag the fail on it.

But as indicated, no GPS issue is actively being looked in. The only thing close to that, which is yet to officially be looked into even, is the WiFi calling location bug.

But if your GPS just don't work you have another issue.

I assume factory rest has been done already? If not I'd try that and before you do anything else test the map software on it, don't restore backup or anything. If it works you know another app or something is messing with it. If not or you've already done this well.. See above.

Journeyman

There's only 1 repair center within 100 miles of me. I have to take a day off work just to go to one. When I took it in they wiped the device and re flashed it. GPS finds your location but loses signal after about a minute of navigating. At the store all they did was pull up maps and showed me it finds your location and said I'm good to go. I dont want to dedicate a whole day to just come back empty handed again 

Journeyman

Yea in a case like that where it's intermittent it's complicated.

Have you tried a different map program just to make sure not a bug? These apps on play store seem to update faster than I can change my underpants lol.

But for example if you use Google Maps try Waze or reverse. See if any difference.

I've honestly not used my GPS for any extended period.

The only other thing I can think of is next time you're willing to waste time have maps on while going to store so it messes up and hand to them while doing it. If they reset it again go drive in a circle and come back.

If you're within 14 days you can also call sprint to see if they will assist over the phone with a replacement. If outside the 14 days and you have insurance that is an option also (no deductible). Beyond that and the above you would be forced to mail the device to sammy and have no phone for 7-10 business days.

Journeyman

I've tried maps, Waze, and map quest. When I originally took it in it was within 14 days of purchase and I didn't get insurance. When I go to sprint store next I'll stay till it does it again this time.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat