Software Version: G975USQS1ASDA
Release Date: 5/17/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

May Android Security Patches

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S10+ (G975) 5/17/2019

I got a replacement device and I'm unable to update the softwareScreenshot_20190601-171057_Software update.jpg

Community Manager

Yeah, if you have a S10+ and it will not upgrade, you would need to have the device reflashed at a Service and Repair center to the latest software G975USQS1ASDA.

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

I got a replacement device and I'm unable to update the softwareScreenshot_20190601-171057_Software update.jpg

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Yeah, if you have a S10+ and it will not upgrade, you would need to have the device reflashed at a Service and Repair center to the latest software G975USQS1ASDA.

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

Will I need to do this everytime there is an update?

Community Manager

You shouldn't, my guess is during the latest install something in the file structure got jacked up.  You could try to clear the cache partition, but I would opt for a reflash. 

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

@Lovelybklyn wrote:

Will I need to do this everytime there is an update?

Journeyman

I'm having the same issue and was wondering will my device reset when I get it flashed to the latest update? Also if I wanted to try clearing the cache partion to give it a shot before going into the store, what do I have to do?
Community Manager

No, an update does not do perform a device reset.  It just installs over your data.

You can clear the cache partition by:

Turn your device off.

After you turn it off completely, press and hold on both the volume up and Bixby Buttons, then press and hold the power button.

Immediately let go of the power button once the S10 turns on.

Release both the volume up and Bixby buttons once you see the blues screen with the Android logo

You will see the recovery menu, choose Wipe Cache Partition.

@JaxShane wrote:
I'm having the same issue and was wondering will my device reset when I get it flashed to the latest update? Also if I wanted to try clearing the cache partion to give it a shot before going into the store, what do I have to do?

Journeyman

I wiped the cache partition like you said and I'm still having the same issue of being unable to update my S10+. So my only option now is to go to and get my device reflashed at a Service and Repair center? (And this won't reset my device?)

Community Manager

What version are you on?

@JaxShane wrote:

I wiped the cache partition like you said and I'm still having the same issue of being unable to update my S10+. So my only option now is to go to and get my device reflashed at a Service and Repair center? (And this won't reset my device?)

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

What version are you on?

@JaxShane wrote:

I'm on GM975USQU1ASD5

Community Manager

Ok, so you are one version behind.  Turn on Samsung backup and then take it the store to have it flashed.  Sometimes you can update via the Samsung Smart Switch app, but I do not think the S10 is in there for software updates.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat