Software Version: G930PVPUACSJ3
Release Date: 11/18/2019
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

Bug fixes and October Android Security Patches

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

Messages was changed in this update. You can no longer at a personalized background and font sizes changed by pinch method.

Really don't like the stark, white background we are now stuck with.

Journeyman

Since this update went in, I have had issues with group SMS texts that involve a particular contact.

The group message has 4 people, myself, Julie, Laurie and Sheila. The issue is somehow related to Sheila. If I start a group text, the message will show all three people by name. Once Sheila responds to a message, then the message will show Julie, Laurie and a string of phone numbers instead of "Sheila". If I try and respond to the message, my response fails. If I start a new message with Julie, Laurie and Sheila, it takes me back to the previous message and the string of numbers has been replaced with "Sheila" and I can respond to the message until someone else does then "Sheila" reverts back to the string of numbers. I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache. deleting all messages from "sheila", deleting her contact and adding it manually, adding it as an import from Julie and adding it as a new contact from a message sent from Sheila. I don't know what else to try.

Community Manager

So, what is unique about Sheila?  How is she responding? What kind of phone does she have?  Also, you said you get an error.  What is the error?  Do you have any screenshots?

@JodyV27 wrote:

Since this update went in, I have had issues with group SMS texts that involve a particular contact.

The group message has 4 people, myself, Julie, Laurie and Sheila. The issue is somehow related to Sheila. If I start a group text, the message will show all three people by name. Once Sheila responds to a message, then the message will show Julie, Laurie and a string of phone numbers instead of "Sheila". If I try and respond to the message, my response fails. If I start a new message with Julie, Laurie and Sheila, it takes me back to the previous message and the string of numbers has been replaced with "Sheila" and I can respond to the message until someone else does then "Sheila" reverts back to the string of numbers. I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache. deleting all messages from "sheila", deleting her contact and adding it manually, adding it as an import from Julie and adding it as a new contact from a message sent from Sheila. I don't know what else to try.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat