Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

Samsung - Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P)

Software Version: G930PVPUACSJ3
Release Date: 11/18/2019
Method: Available Over the Air

Fixes:

Bug fixes and October Android Security Patches

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

Messages was changed in this update. You can no longer at a personalized background and font sizes changed by pinch method.

Really don't like the stark, white background we are now stuck with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Since this update went in, I have had issues with group SMS texts that involve a particular contact.

The group message has 4 people, myself, Julie, Laurie and Sheila. The issue is somehow related to Sheila. If I start a group text, the message will show all three people by name. Once Sheila responds to a message, then the message will show Julie, Laurie and a string of phone numbers instead of "Sheila". If I try and respond to the message, my response fails. If I start a new message with Julie, Laurie and Sheila, it takes me back to the previous message and the string of numbers has been replaced with "Sheila" and I can respond to the message until someone else does then "Sheila" reverts back to the string of numbers. I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache. deleting all messages from "sheila", deleting her contact and adding it manually, adding it as an import from Julie and adding it as a new contact from a message sent from Sheila. I don't know what else to try.

Highlighted
Community Manager

So, what is unique about Sheila?  How is she responding? What kind of phone does she have?  Also, you said you get an error.  What is the error?  Do you have any screenshots?

@JodyV27 wrote:

Since this update went in, I have had issues with group SMS texts that involve a particular contact.

The group message has 4 people, myself, Julie, Laurie and Sheila. The issue is somehow related to Sheila. If I start a group text, the message will show all three people by name. Once Sheila responds to a message, then the message will show Julie, Laurie and a string of phone numbers instead of "Sheila". If I try and respond to the message, my response fails. If I start a new message with Julie, Laurie and Sheila, it takes me back to the previous message and the string of numbers has been replaced with "Sheila" and I can respond to the message until someone else does then "Sheila" reverts back to the string of numbers. I have tried rebooting, clearing the cache. deleting all messages from "sheila", deleting her contact and adding it manually, adding it as an import from Julie and adding it as a new contact from a message sent from Sheila. I don't know what else to try.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have a very similar problem that is now not letting me text a contact at all.  I'm hoping you have received an answer.

I have had several text conversations with multiple contacts, one of which is a very frequent contact (Michele).  Her contact phone number now shows up as a string of multiple numbers which is basically a list of multiple contacts separated by a semi-colon, and doesn't list her name.  When I go to the text conversation that I have used between just the two of us, there is no text box to type into.  When I go into contacts, her contact seems normal; I've even deleted her contact and reentered it with no change.  If I remove her from a group text and add her back, it shows her regular contact info; however, the text fails every time.  Strangely, it seems to be only her contact, it doesn't make sense.  Please can anyone help.

Highlighted
Community Manager

I've seen that before.  Usually, happens when you the 2 or more of you are in an RCS chat and then someone disconnects from RCS and you can pull up the thread, but cannot text to it.  My guess, either you or Michele used to have RCS and it got turned off.  PM me your phone number.

@theharristhree wrote:

I have a very similar problem that is now not letting me text a contact at all.  I'm hoping you have received an answer.

I have had several text conversations with multiple contacts, one of which is a very frequent contact (Michele).  Her contact phone number now shows up as a string of multiple numbers which is basically a list of multiple contacts separated by a semi-colon, and doesn't list her name.  When I go to the text conversation that I have used between just the two of us, there is no text box to type into.  When I go into contacts, her contact seems normal; I've even deleted her contact and reentered it with no change.  If I remove her from a group text and add her back, it shows her regular contact info; however, the text fails every time.  Strangely, it seems to be only her contact, it doesn't make sense.  Please can anyone help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Exact same issue.  The contact just turns into a string of numbers (2 contacts plus the person who I was originally messaging).  In fact, when I try to message the single contact manually it later turns into the string of numbers again.  When this happens, I do not even get the option to message them.  There is no text box, there is no "add/remove contact", I can only see the message.  I only recently updated the phone, wish I wouldn't have now because this is really wasting a lot of time trying to figure this out and message people manually.

I've deleted all 3 contacts, cleared the cache, restarted the phone but no change yet.  Did anyone figure this out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the exact same issue . Did anyone find a solution?
Highlighted
Community Manager

Send me a screenshot @smblt or @Tarafsu99.  I want to see if it's the RCS issue I mentioned earlier.

@smblt wrote:

Exact same issue.  The contact just turns into a string of numbers (2 contacts plus the person who I was originally messaging).  In fact, when I try to message the single contact manually it later turns into the string of numbers again.  When this happens, I do not even get the option to message them.  There is no text box, there is no "add/remove contact", I can only see the message.  I only recently updated the phone, wish I wouldn't have now because this is really wasting a lot of time trying to figure this out and message people manually.

I've deleted all 3 contacts, cleared the cache, restarted the phone but no change yet.  Did anyone figure this out?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having this issue and need a solution. Here's what I know:

- it started as soon as I updated my phone, no issues prior

- there are 2 people who I can't text properly, the error happens if they are on a group text or if I'm texting them individually

- they are both on iphone 8 verizon

- I can text other verizon users with no problems

- I can successfully text them if I start a new thread and stay on it but once I navigate away from that screen, I have to start a new thread. 

- when I text individually, the "enter message" box disappears, when I text the group, the "enter message" box is there but once I hit send the message turns orange and there is an exclamation point next to it. If I click on the exclamation point is says "couldn't send message"

@Em_Will_I_Am here's a screenshot:

sprint.png

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks @jth-jth!  I may have mentioned this privately in PMs to some folks, but I don't think I have publicly.  I opened a ticket with Samsung right after Christmas and I have a message with the text messaging team on Thursday.  All the info and screenshots folks have shared with me have been sent up.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have the S7 edge and have been having the same issues since an early December update. What is the status on this?

I reached out to Samsung, but when I told them it was an issue relating to my MMS/text messaging, they referred me back to Sprint. 

I have some message groups where I don't even have the option to respond and others where my texts won't go through due to either a specific contact showing up as a string of phone numbers separated by a semicolon, or a group of contacts in the group being combined as one contact, also w semicolons.

20200111_201928.jpg

20200111_201903.jpg

20200111_201824.jpg

20200111_201713.jpg

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat