Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S7 (SM-G930P) 11/18/2019

A ticket has been opened with Samsung.  Waiting on word back from that.

@wagya wrote:

I have the S7 edge and have been having the same issues since an early December update. What is the status on this?

I reached out to Samsung, but when I told them it was an issue relating to my MMS/text messaging, they referred me back to Sprint. 

I have some message groups where I don't even have the option to respond and others where my texts won't go through due to either a specific contact showing up as a string of phone numbers separated by a semicolon, or a group of contacts in the group being combined as one contact, also w semicolons.

20200111_201928.jpg

20200111_201903.jpg

20200111_201824.jpg

20200111_201713.jpg

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this the same ticket from after Christmas? It's been over two weeks. 

I just got off the phone with tech support and the only think they could suggest was a factory reset. 

This is poor customer service.

Highlighted
Community Manager

Yes, it is the same ticket. Software problems are not resolved overnight or even weeks.  You are welcomed to hard reset your phone, but given the problem occurred after an update, you will still have the same software and by extension the same problem.

@wagya wrote:

Is this the same ticket from after Christmas? It's been over two weeks. 

I just got off the phone with tech support and the only think they could suggest was a factory reset. 

This is poor customer service.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is it confirmed to be a Samsung issue rather than a Sprint issue? I'm guessing it only happens with samsung + sprint but do we know this is an issue that samsung needs to resolve rather than an issue sprint would try to resolve? Has anyone opened a ticket with Sprint?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Samsung pushed an update and it killed text.  That's why a ticket is opened with them.

@jth-jth wrote:

Is it confirmed to be a Samsung issue rather than a Sprint issue? I'm guessing it only happens with samsung + sprint but do we know this is an issue that samsung needs to resolve rather than an issue sprint would try to resolve? Has anyone opened a ticket with Sprint?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am new to this thread, but have the exact same issue, so will be happy to learn of any progress toward a fix.  Thanks for working on it.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat