cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung - Galaxy S8/S8+ ver. G955USQU1AQJH

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung - Galaxy S8/S8+ ver. G955USQU1AQJH

Cannot backup data after update: homescreen, apps, and settings not backing up; all else is backing up.

Journeyman

The refresh from your end did not fix the issue. I had to stop by a Sprint repair store. They reflash the previous OTA "G955USQU1AQGL". Phone was back to normal. Then the tech applied the "G955USQU1AQJH" and the phone started going from LTE to Searching for signal or just an x. 

I asked him to reflash back to AQGL until you guys issue a fix. I do see a delay on my text messages now, though. 

Journeyman

I have been on with Samsung support. I made a new Samsung account id and everything backs up except for the Samsung settings option. I believe the update last week put a hex on backup and restore from a bad backup.
Sprint Social Care

Hey eljeffe58, did you try the basic troubleshooting steps? Please try doing a cache partition and let us know how it goes. Follow the steps below:

With the device powered off, press and hold the Volume Down key. While holding the Volume Down key, press and hold the Power key. Release both keys when the Recovery mode screen appears. On the Android system recovery screen, press the Volume Down key to scroll to and highlight wipe cache partition. Press the Power key. Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes, and then press the Power key. press the Power key to select reboot system now. The device will restart.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi. I did those steps to troubleshoot previously. I wiped the cache, did a restore from factory default to no avail. I tried making a new Samsung ID and backed up to it. Two of three categories for backup were able to be backed up.. Only settings could not be backed up. I did another restore to default and same effect; only settings could not be backed up.. I can  live with that because I know my settings. But, I have to think all of this began after last week's update. 

Sprint Social Care

Since you already did all the troubleshooting steps available, let's see if this issue gets corrected in the next software update.

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sounds good Jeffrey. Thank you.
Wizard

Since the update to QJH firmware my wife's S8 and my folks' S8 actives (thankfully not my S8+) have been doing the cycling screen-on thing when on the wireless charger. Meaning.....phone on wireless charger charges up to 100%, screen pops on. That's normal once. Then as the phone discharges and charges that little bit, the screen would never turn back on all night (nor would the charger light up). Now though, their phones will light up about every 10-30 seconds all night long. It seemed to do this with my wife's S8 while plugged in even. 

We've cleared all caches through menu settings and through the recovery. We've booted them into safe mode and they still do the same screen on every 10-30 seconds. It's a bug in the underlying code of the latest update. It was working perfectly before the update. 

Some folks have been complaining about fast charging not working post update, but wasn't sure if anyone was also seeing this issue. It's probably the most annoying bug. The beta was doing it on my phone and was one of the reasons I rolled back to stable. Then the update came and their phones started doing it. 

I have reported to Samsung via Twitter, but not sure it's getting anywhere. Does any care team member here have the ability to open a ticket with anyone related to software bugs??? This is probably unlikely, but I wanted to throw this here as well. 

Journeyman

My issue was resolved except I lost a lot of photos in my Samsung storage. 

Journeyman

If I was you I would flash back to the previous update. You can stop by repair  Sprint store and ask them to flash your phone.

I was having connectivity issues and that fix the issue. This is more of a software bug. The update profile, clear cache or let me see any issues with our towers in your are won't fix a thing. 

GrandMaster

good to see you still up and kickin @mmark271_
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

I work with the device engineering team regularly and will share your feedback, @mmark271_.  Thanks for letting us know about it.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat