Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung - Galaxy S8/S8+ ver. G955USQU1AQJH

Wizard

Re: Software Update: Samsung - Galaxy S8/S8+ ver. G955USQU1AQJH

Yeah, I'm always lurking

GrandMaster

good to see you popping back in broham..its been a while.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

@fireguy_6364 wrote:
good to see you popping back in broham..its been a while.

You bet Teddy Brosevelt. Honestly these phones don't have many issues anymore so I don't waste the hours I used to looking for fixes. This charging one though....man she's a beast. I'm going to factory reset my wife's phone again to see if that helps it. I'm sure she'll not have any problems with that Smiley Frustrated 

Community Manager

I just hopped off the call with device engineering @mmark271_, just need to clarify. When you talk about the screen flashing, it's the entire screen popping, not the edge lighting notification correct?  Either way it's weird but we want to nail it down.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Wizard

@seawolf wrote:

I just hopped off the call with device engineering @mmark271_, just need to clarify. When you talk about the screen flashing, it's the entire screen popping, not the edge lighting notification correct?  Either way it's weird but we want to nail it down.

The screen comes on completely....like it's been fully charged (because it has, over and over again). And on top of this, the charging pad lights up brightly.  Then after another 30 seconds, the screen comes on completely and the charging pad lights up brightly again.

However, previous to QJH the software knew that it was only topping up and wouldn't light up after reaching 100% repeatedly overnight. I'm not sure if that code is just getting skipped? It was working well prior to QJH (meaning lights up only the first time it hit 100%, and then not again). 

Nothing to do with edge lighting or notifications. The DnD is turned on overnight. And there are no notifications on the phone. 

I have wished for a very long time that Samsung would just give us the option to disable the screen coming on when the phone charges fully (they finally added the charging sound toggle this past year). It's been such a burden over time with all my Galaxy devices. 

Community Manager

Thanks for the thorough description.  I will send it off.  I haven't experienced this on my device yet but I'm not saying I don't believe you.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

GrandMaster

bet you a shiny penny you'll be sleeping on the couch for a day or so?

i actually stepped away from the HTC world and have been rockin some LG's..took a bit of time but im pretty used to their weird to me changes now..thats a step WAY out of my usual comfort zone lol.

some day i might give Sammy another go
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Yeah if mine started doing that I'd lose my mind.

SeaWolf

Journeyman

Hi there Seawolf. Re Enhanced Messaging: The latest S8+ update says i have to register for the enhanced msging when I click on Chat Settings. Almost immediately I get a pop up msg saying registration failed. Then I receive a notification which opens the process . But when i click on start..it just closes the window. This happened repeatedly before the update. Then they finally fixed the txt msg registration. Well it's broken again. Problem is i cant set my photo or video attachments size because its in the chat settings.. imo - dumb place to put those settings.

Wizard

QK5 out today with Nov. security patch. 311 MB download. 

Journeyman

Update broke my phone again. Keep dropping from 5 LTE bars to Searching for signal. I had this issue with the previous update and I had to flash back to QGL Smiley Sad
Journeyman

i just got Samsung Galaxy S8 G950USQU2BQK5...anyone else?whats new with it?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat