Samsung - Galaxy S8 (G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

40 REPLIES 40
Journeyman

After installing this update, will Wi-Fi Calling still be an available feature?

Highlighted

yes. its only removing the Beta data calling side of it. once the update is done you will see VoLTE calling option in there and wifi calling.

it'll end up looking like this

Capture.PNG

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I don't believe that option exists on unlocked 🔓 phones.

Highlighted

i dont believe so either. the update might however add in the VoLTE option but im only guessing. Will would need to answer that one. there might even be an option in there already since the majority of carriers have VoLTE..im really not sure.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Thank you....
Highlighted

At this time, it is not on unlocked devices.

Highlighted

So with this update, I haven't had LTE once. When my phone restarted after the update, it says I had no signal at all, at my house, which I always have a standard LTE Connection. I don't know why this is happening. With this update, I have weaker connection everywhere and sometimes my data goes out altogether. I haven't changed my payment plan whatsoever..Please help?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello everybody. I upgraded my S8 yesterday and enabled VoLTE as I need to use my phone data while on calls all day long and usually don't have a wifi network available. This feature does work with this update but now I get one-way audio on about 30% of calls. When this happens, it is always the send audio from my perspective (people can't hear me).

Anybody else having this issue? I'm in Portland, OR.

Highlighted

For now, reset your network settings, go to your dial pad and dial ##SCRTN#.  If that does not work, we will need to do a deeper dive.

@Matthewislame wrote:

So with this update, I haven't had LTE once. When my phone restarted after the update, it says I had no signal at all, at my house, which I always have a standard LTE Connection. I don't know why this is happening. With this update, I have weaker connection everywhere and sometimes my data goes out altogether. I haven't changed my payment plan whatsoever..Please help?

Highlighted

PM me your phone number and I will have a ticket created.

@superfoneguy wrote:

Hello everybody. I upgraded my S8 yesterday and enabled VoLTE as I need to use my phone data while on calls all day long and usually don't have a wifi network available. This feature does work with this update but now I get one-way audio on about 30% of calls. When this happens, it is always the send audio from my perspective (people can't hear me).

Anybody else having this issue? I'm in Portland, OR.

Highlighted

Thanks for the reply. I did that and the reset seemed to work normally. One way audio calls are still happening at the same rate. If I disable VoLTE calls work normally, as they do on Wifi. 

If you can think of anything else, I'd appreciate it. 

Highlighted

PM me your number.

@superfoneguy wrote:

Thanks for the reply. I did that and the reset seemed to work normally. One way audio calls are still happening at the same rate. If I disable VoLTE calls work normally, as they do on Wifi. 

If you can think of anything else, I'd appreciate it. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat