Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

Samsung - Galaxy S8 (G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted
Journeyman

I too am having issues with the connection after the October update. It seems like other people on the web are having the same issues with it too where they are not able to get LTE  and the phone is often looking for service. Hopefully another update will come out soon to fix this issue. 

Highlighted

Hi All, 

I am in the Dallas area and just like many S8 and S8+ users and upgrades to the latest firmware last week. And almost immediately the trouble began. Failed text messages, dropped calls. Only 3G service despite being smack Dab in the 4th biggest metropolitan area in the country where we have LTE and allegedly the new VOLTE service. I first called the local store this past Saturday and they said all the towers were operating fine. Today I went to the local tech sprint store and Lo and behold an older gentleman was having the exact same issue. He has an S8 also. The tech got on the phone and mentioned he had two folks before us come in with same issue. Apparently it is widespread and occurred the moment you install the October patch and cannot be reversed. Hopefully samsung/sprint roll out an update ultra quick. You would think they would test these updates before giving them.the greenlight. Alternatively you can transfer your number to older device if you still have one lying around for the time being. Looking for my wonderful S6 now. I knew I kept it around for a reason.

Highlighted

My problem seems to be fixed. To recap, after I upgraded my S8 with this latest patch about 25 percent of my calls had one-way audio. The missing audio was always mine (no sending audio). All last weekend I tested after posting on this forum and after Em_Will_I_Am so generously offered help and it would fail like clockwork. 

Monday morning I started testing and I cannot get it to fail. Em_Will_I_Am opened a ticket with Sprint so maybe a problem was found with routing call audio.

Highlighted

So you can only get 3G?  No LTE?

Highlighted

No, LTE works fine as does VoLTE (since Monday).

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

LOL!  Not you @superfoneguy, I know you are good.  Talking to @Texasblu

@superfoneguy wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

LOL!  Not you @superfoneguy, I know you are good.  Talking to @Texasblu

@superfoneguy wrote:

Thanks for your help.

Highlighted

Yes issues are still occurring. It's a mess.

Highlighted

@Texasblu

his post was to you. youre only receiving 3G and no LTE?

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

So you can only get 3G?  No LTE?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes only 3G, occassional failed text messages, and spotty data. 

Highlighted

PM me your phone number and the exact address and I will have network investigate the area.

Highlighted

I am having the same issues in Harrisburg, PA.   I have been to the store 3 times, and I have been assured it is the network not the phone as multiple people have complained about the same issue.  Please get this fixed!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat