Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 10/2/2018

Samsung - Galaxy S8 (G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

40 REPLIES 40
Highlighted

the "fix" would be coming from Samsung in this case.

mind post which issues you are having after this update? there have been different things mentioned in here so far as for issues found after the update.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

I am having issues with data connectivity.  My phone will have no data one minute, switch to roaming, and then maybe to 3G.  Also I might get an incoming call, or I might not.  I just tried calling my phone from a landline and it never acknowledged I have an incoming call.  I have missed 3 calls this morning because my phone never rang.  I can make calls.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think I found a solution to the unstable, dropped 3G connection problem with the October update. 

This is how I fixed my problem (since other methods didn't work):

Go to settings, then Connections > Voice Network. Enable VoLTE. You may get a pop up that says "it is not available." But after a couple of tries, VoLTE got enabled for me and so did my usual stable LTE connection!

Really hope this will work with other people too!

Highlighted

I'm still having these same problems in my area. Was told there was a problem with 4G and that crews were working on the towers in my area the first time I called 2 weeks ago. It all started when I downloaded the patch, so I knew then it was BS.

Highlighted

Thanks for the advice, it was worth a shot. I'm glad it worked for you, but I'm still stuck on 3G and roaming instead of LTE.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat