cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

Samsung - Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5CRK1
Release Date: 12/3/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool


Fixes:

 

November Security Patch

Samsung Pay fix

20 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

For anyone else who still cannot get to LTE from the October update, the update has not fixed it, at least on my end Smiley Sad Really disappointed

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

PM me your phone number and I will troubleshoot.

 


@FourStopCrossSh wrote:

For anyone else who still cannot get to LTE from the October update, the update has not fixed it, at least on my end Smiley Sad Really disappointed


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

After the update, I am now getting a "Sprint OMADM the profile update could not be completed" notification that will not go away. When I try to manually update the profile, it returns a message saying Android Software Update Complete....but the original notification doesn't go away. Any ideas on how to resolve this notification?

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

Usually, you get that if you are in weak Sprint coverage or roaming.  Go to a spot with good Sprint coverage and update profile.

 


@aero48 wrote:

After the update, I am now getting a "Sprint OMADM the profile update could not be completed" notification that will not go away. When I try to manually update the profile, it returns a message saying Android Software Update Complete....but the original notification doesn't go away. Any ideas on how to resolve this notification?


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

Dialing ##72786# after you updated the payload worked, thank you!

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

BOOYAH!!

 


@FourStopCrossSh wrote:

Dialing ##72786# after you updated the payload worked, thank you!


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

Thanks for the reply. Since performing the upgrade, I have been in my normal area that has 4 (out of 5) bars strength. I rebooted my phone several times over the weekend, so I'm not sure what changed; but last night the notification has now gone away and the profile shows it was updated. I doubt my rebooting had anything to do with fixing the problem. Again, thanks for the reply and I"ll remember the signal strength if I run into profile issues in the future.

Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

No problem.  If anything comes up, just reach out.


@aero48 wrote:

Thanks for the reply. Since performing the upgrade, I have been in my normal area that has 4 (out of 5) bars strength. I rebooted my phone several times over the weekend, so I'm not sure what changed; but last night the notification has now gone away and the profile shows it was updated. I doubt my rebooting had anything to do with fixing the problem. Again, thanks for the reply and I"ll remember the signal strength if I run into profile issues in the future.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

It also hasn't fixed the bug with the "Do Not Disturb" alerting every morning after it times off. Extremely annoying. Nor has it fixed the ability to assign distinctive messaging alert tones to contacts. My wife's Moto Z3 Play was half the cost of a S8 and it doesn't alert every morning when the DND stops. And she can assign distinctive messaging alert tones to contacts. 

GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

it mentions what it changed/fixed/added on

 

Fixes:

 

November Security Patch

Samsung Pay fix

 

the alert for contacts deal was a Google decision..it isnt specific to any OEM..once you received the update that was taken away.

 

 

not quite sure what update your wifes Z3 is on compared to your S8 though.

 

 

actually now that im thinking about it i could have sworn this was a known issue with Oreo and the Sammy line..not sure if it was affecting only a specific Samsung device or all of them with Oreo..

 

are you still running the stock messaging app? almost positive if you jump to another texting app you are able to re add them back.

*********************************************************
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 12/3/2018

It was a Samsung decision to remove assigned ringtones.  They have mentioned they would restore it sometime in the future.

 


@fireguy_6364 wrote:

it mentions what it changed/fixed/added on

 

Fixes:

 

November Security Patch

Samsung Pay fix

 

the alert for contacts deal was a Google decision..it isnt specific to any OEM..once you received the update that was taken away.

 

 

not quite sure what update your wifes Z3 is on compared to your S8 though.

 

 

actually now that im thinking about it i could have sworn this was a known issue with Oreo and the Sammy line..not sure if it was affecting only a specific Samsung device or all of them with Oreo..

 

are you still running the stock messaging app? almost positive if you jump to another texting app you are able to re add them back.


 

 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat