Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 4/19/2019

Samsung - Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U)

Software Version: G950USQU5DSD3
Release Date: 4/19/2019
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Android security patch level April 2019

Bug fixes which include a patch for LTE data loss after updating to Android P (software version DSC1)

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8 (SM-G950U) 4/19/2019

Seems to work for me. I found it thru manual update search.
Why was this flaw allowed out in the Pie release in the first place?
Community Manager

No clue.  That would be a better question for Sammy.

@rjaltizer wrote:
Seems to work for me. I found it thru manual update search.
Why was this flaw allowed out in the Pie release in the first place?

Journeyman

Hi - how did you do the manual search for update on galaxy s8?

Journeyman

How do I get my S8 to update. Still has the Feb update and says it is the latest. Have tried multiple days to do manual check for updates.
GrandMaster

you might try doing a profile update or even a network reset..then once its done doing its thing go back in and see if you can pull the update in.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I did 'Update PRL' and 'Update Profile' and did a reboot of the phone. I have started getting LTE fine after that.

GrandMaster

mind digging back into your phones settings-about phone and posting which update you are currently on...and if this was purchased from Sprint, another carrier or directly from Samsung?

@catchs99 wrote:

I did 'Update PRL' and 'Update Profile' and did a reboot of the phone. I have started getting LTE fine after that.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

One UI version is 1.0 and Android is 9. Rest of the setting can be found in the attached screenshot. I bought the Galaxy S8 unlocked 2 years back and is now tied with Sprint in BYOD prepaid.Screenshot_20190501-133635_Settings.jpg

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat