Software Version: G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

59 REPLIES 59
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S8+ (SM-G955U) 10/2/2018

I'm on the beta software for Oreo on my 8 plus. I'm unable to receive OTAs. Is there a way to download the update on my computer and install by connecting to my computer?

Community Manager

The update is deployed via OTA or the OEM tool.  With you having a beta version on your device, it will not pass "roll call", sort of speak.  So, you have to go another route.  Either restore the device back to original or locate a tar file on the interwebs and flash it.

@raptoro07 wrote:

I'm on the beta software for Oreo on my 8 plus. I'm unable to receive OTAs. Is there a way to download the update on my computer and install by connecting to my computer?

Journeyman

Just recvd notice of update S8+.

I hesitate to install bcz I'm 100% dependent on calling plus 4 voice calls. Sprint Network service 4 both data & voice alternates between a: scrolling msg of "no network service", one dot w/ a 'R' & 1 dot + 1 bar.  If Volte is dependent on Sprint Network cell tower service, how will I be able to make wifi calls? 

Community Manager

@Earlybird wrote:

Just recvd notice of update S8+.

I hesitate to install bcz I'm 100% dependent on calling plus 4 voice calls. Sprint Network service 4 both data & voice alternates between a: scrolling msg of "no network service", one dot w/ a 'R' & 1 dot + 1 bar.  If Volte is dependent on Sprint Network cell tower service, how will I be able to make wifi calls? 

It sounds like you are in comprised coverage if your phone is jumping in and out of roaming/no service.  With VoLTE you can still use wifi to make calls.

GrandMaster

they are removing the Beta data calling side of Calling Plus..Wifi Calling is still there.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yes. According to the coverage map only roaming service  is available. However, until about a month ago, I had marginal Sprint network service & roaming service was very very rare. I wonder if there was some hardware change made to the cell tower in order to provide VoLTE. 

Journeyman

Thanks!
GrandMaster

@Earlybird

its possible. i have noticed this as well with a different phone...i know they are currently doing some tower maintenance as well as prepping for the VoLTE deal in my market..once its fully launched i'll get to see if things improved or stay the same.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Hmm..that's interesting to learn that you've experienced network loss as well, albeit on a different phone. Just wondering - is that 'other' phone an earlier SG model w/o the latest software version? I ask bcz my service has stabilized somewhat since installing latest update. Now average is 2bars, occasionally 3bars for short periods & drops to Roam a few times a day at short bursts.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi fi calling IS NOT on our phones since sprint screwed us with this ne update. I am on the phone now with someone called retention services because i want to turn in my sprint phone and go to a company that offers phone service. i am so upset i don't know how i am keeping the f bombs out of this text.  i went for a month with issues with calling plus, then they finally did a ifx. then they send us a required software update that removes wi fi calling. i am DONE with this company. take this phone back and gove me my money back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Journeyman

To add insult to inhury, while having to stand on a chair in my apartment to just get a single bar signal from the screwed sprint network here talking to someone about the fact they removed my only means of communications.... the call gets dropped. Yeah.. geee, what a surprise, our calls get hung up on or dropped while in the middle of a conversation with sprint. 

i want my money back for these garbage phones i have to pay on some installment plan because they won't simply sell a phone any more.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat