Samsung - Galaxy S8+ (G955U)

Software Version: G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

I'm not sure what you are talking about.  Wifi Calling is still on the device post update.  Only Calling Plus has been removed.

Highlighted

All of the sprint technical help people i have been trying to communicate with for the last couple hours, knew of no way to lead me to a resolution and didn't seem to know about this software update... no one even mentioned this "other" means of using wi-fi calling once calling plus was removed.  In the last 10 minutes i have found a resolution to my issue through your other post i found regarding decommissioning. please feel free to remove my previous posts as i now have egg on my face and don't need to be forever reminded of how i get very upset and when in such a situation.

Highlighted

LOL, it's all good.  Just read my the Calling Plus thread.  In the sea of comments, I put a pic of what it looks like.  You have the option of turning on WiFi Calling and/or VoLTE.

@alleninc02 wrote:

All of the sprint technical help people i have been trying to communicate with for the last couple hours, knew of no way to lead me to a resolution and didn't seem to know about this software update... no one even mentioned this "other" means of using wi-fi calling once calling plus was removed.  In the last 10 minutes i have found a resolution to my issue through your other post i found regarding decommissioning. please feel free to remove my previous posts as i now have egg on my face and don't need to be forever reminded of how i get very upset and when in such a situation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Software Version:G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date:10/2/2018
Method:Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Software Version:G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date:10/2/2018
Method:Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

Why would I get this Update, VOLTE is not available in Mississippi! How do I Delete this Update? Do not want to look at this Update if I can not install yet! Just to let you know WIFI is not near where I live so this is useless to me!

Highlighted

The update is available for all Samsung S8/8+'s.  Correct, VoLTE is not available in Mississippi at this time.  Once the update is installed, it cannot be deleted. That's strange in 2018, Wifi is not near you.  I would be upset too.

@Clardyman wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

@Em_Will_I_Am wrote:

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

Why would I get this Update, VOLTE is not available in Mississippi! How do I Delete this Update? Do not want to look at this Update if I can not install yet! Just to let you know WIFI is not near where I live so this is useless to me!

Highlighted

I still was not told how to Delete the Update, it has not been installed & I do not want to keep seeing the Update! Not everyone has or wants WIFI at home!

Highlighted

I believe you are referring to the notification.  You can simply dismiss it or long press it and turn off the notification.  It is my recommendation to take the update because it includes an October Security Patch.

@Clardyman wrote:

I still was not told how to Delete the Update, it has not been installed & I do not want to keep seeing the Update! Not everyone has or wants WIFI at home!

Highlighted

This udate will screw my phone up so I can not use it, Not accepting this, can see Sprint does not care!

Highlighted

yeah they dont care at all..launching VoLTE in their markets and such..how dare they upgrade their networks to be up with the times. shame on them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Hello im a newbie sorry how do we get this updae? Cant update from samfirm wifi calling error all the time. Ty..

Highlighted

which S8 do you have? and was it purchased directly from Sprint or Samsung?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************

S8+ sprint
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat