Software Version: G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

S8+ sprint

Odd, that payload has been pushed to all S8's for pick up.  You should have a notification to install.

Highlighted

Havnt seen one
Highlighted

How does the update come ? Like normal or text?

Highlighted

Just like a normal notification.  You can check for updates in Settings and do a search for Update. 

@jono1767 wrote:

How does the update come ? Like normal or text?

Highlighted

Ok ty i will.
Highlighted

also what wifi calling error are you having? this update only removes the Beta calling side and sets it up for VoLTE..what you have going on more than likely will need fixed another route dependent on whats happening.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

im on CRI5 and when I download the new firmware from samfirm CRIB I keep getting wifi calling has stoped and my phone is very laggy. other people on xda developers that have sprint are having same problem. every other carrier is fine. also they said they called sprint and it was a problem on there end, and a update from them would fix the problem....but I didn't get a update on oct 2nd...ty

Highlighted

You're not getting prompted for the OTA update because CRI5 is not authorized Sprint software.  When the device pings the update software, it performs a roll call sort of speak.  It has to answer with an authorized version.  If it does not, it will not update.

@jono1767 wrote:

im on CRI5 and when I download the new firmware from samfirm CRIB I keep getting wifi calling has stoped and my phone is very laggy. other people on xda developers that have sprint are having same problem. every other carrier is fine. also they said they called sprint and it was a problem on there end, and a update from them would fix the problem....but I didn't get a update on oct 2nd...ty

Highlighted

what is the latest sprint version? do you know?.ty.ty
Highlighted

G955USQU5CRIB

@jono1767 wrote:
what is the latest sprint version? do you know?.ty.ty

Highlighted

that's the firmware that keeps giving me wifi calling error and my phone bugs out.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat