Samsung - Galaxy S8+ (G955U)

Software Version: G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

Tired of seeing this Update every day, can Sprint get this off my phone? Will not accept this Update until VOLTE is available in Mississippi! When will VOLTE be available 1 year, 5 years, or next week?

Highlighted

hello can someone please tell me on the new oct 2 software it says either OTA or OEM TOOL what is oem tool thank you very much. and where I can find it.ty

Highlighted

go onto the Samsung site and it will run you through what it is.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

My family has had major issues since this update.  I went 3 weeks in Charleston, WV area without data and/or roaming data and calls due to this update.  My son is currently experiencing similar issues in Lynchburg, VA area.  My wife therefore has not installed the update and is now experiencing major call issues.

This is an issue with the new Wi-Fi calling.  I have isolated it to that. Sprint customer service has been no help when I've called.  I'm not sure how to proceed.  I basically have 1 unpaid for brick and no option to upgrade affordably keeping my phone number and 2 questionable phones with the same upgrade options.  May have to find new carrier.

Thanks,

Bryan

Highlighted

Been trying to get a Answer, When will VOLTE be available in Mississippi? Starting to think, this site will not give you a Answer!

Highlighted

You're not getting an answer because we don't have the info just yet, @Clardyman. We are testing VoLTE in various parts of the US as our final stage before launch. I'm sorry we can't be more clear than that until it's fully announced and launched.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted

When will this Annoying Update be took off that can not be Installed? I do not see a Delete Button to get rid of it!

Highlighted

when you finally download it. you can not delete it..even if it were passed on it will still continue to pop up and remind you that its there like any other update on any other carrier.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Guess if it accidentally gets added & mess my phone up, Sprint will owe me a new phone! I don't plan on adding it until VOLTE is available, could be 5yrs or never!

Highlighted

what would you consider "messing up" when it comes to your phone exactly?

this adds in the VoLTE ability..and removes the data calling side of Calling Plus..along with adding in a security patch from Google.

you can continue to not download the update..that is fine..but you will continue to receive that update notification until its actually updated..there is no way around this that im aware of.

Highlighted

Ever since I got the 10-2-18 update my phone chimes every morning when the "Do Not Disturb" feature times off. It just chimes to tell me that. There are no missed calls or texts. It also no won't let me assign distinctive ring tones and text alerts for my contacts. It used to let me assign a distinctive ring tone for when my wife calls. Also I had a distinctive alert tone when she texts me. This great update appears to have eliminated that ability. Great!

Highlighted

Yeah, distinctive ringtones were removed earlier with the Oreo update.  Not sure about the do not disturb because it works on this test phone. You may want to clear the cache partition.

@unhappyBOB86ZZ4 wrote:

Ever since I got the 10-2-18 update my phone chimes every morning when the "Do Not Disturb" feature times off. It just chimes to tell me that. There are no missed calls or texts. It also no won't let me assign distinctive ring tones and text alerts for my contacts. It used to let me assign a distinctive ring tone for when my wife calls. Also I had a distinctive alert tone when she texts me. This great update appears to have eliminated that ability. Great!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat