Samsung - Galaxy S8+ (G955U)

Software Version: G955USQU5CRIB
Release Date: 10/2/2018
Method: Available OTA + OEM Tool

Fixes:

Enables VoLTE

59 REPLIES 59
Highlighted

Okay, I'd love to try that. Except I don't know how. I searched the "help" center on the phone for "cache" and got no results. 

Highlighted

So I googled it and found this:    

How to wipe the cache partition on the Galaxy S8?
  • Make sure you turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
  • When the green Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 – 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).

Well, I tried that and it doesn't actually work quite as easy as the above would suggest. I believe I did manage to figure out how to wipe the cache partition though. I kept all three buttons pushed for quite some time and it finally came up with the tiniest font imaginable showing several options. One of them being "wipe cache partition." Have to release the three buttons and then use the up/down volume to highlight "wipe cache partition" and then push the power button once. Then it asked if I was sure. Did it. We'll see if it chimes in the morning after DND times out. 

Highlighted

Em_Will_I_Am, I tried clearing the partition cache. And my phone chimed this morning a few minutes after the DND timed out. Just like I thought it would. Piece of junk this Samsung S8 is. I can't wait until I'm able to upgrade it to the Moto Z3 Play. Or whatever top of the line Motorola phone is available then. 

Highlighted

When you get the chime in the morning, do you receive a notification in the notification bar?  If so, can you screenshot it for me?

@unhappyBOB86ZZ4 wrote:

Em_Will_I_Am, I tried clearing the partition cache. And my phone chimed this morning a few minutes after the DND timed out. Just like I thought it would. Piece of junk this Samsung S8 is. I can't wait until I'm able to upgrade it to the Moto Z3 Play. Or whatever top of the line Motorola phone is available then. 

Highlighted

No, there is no visual notification associated with it. It's just the same alert tone as if I had gotten a text. Happened again yesterday. But it didn't happen this morning. Amazing. 

Highlighted

Amazing indeed.

@unhappyBOB86ZZ4 wrote:

No, there is no visual notification associated with it. It's just the same alert tone as if I had gotten a text. Happened again yesterday. But it didn't happen this morning. Amazing. 

Highlighted

Chimed yesterday but not today. Batting .500.

Highlighted

@seawolf Can you tell me if there is a fix coming for the LTE connection and roaming problems that Galaxy S8 and S8+ customers are having after October's patch?

Thanks,

David

Highlighted

That's why I would not accept the software, do not have VOLTE in Mississippi yet!

Highlighted

There are some issues that are still under investigation.  I don't know which one you are experiencing in particular.  However, a lot of folks are saying their devices are stuck in Roaming, but that is sorta by design.  With the T-Mo roaming agreement, Sprint devices can now roam LTE on T-Mo.  In the past the device would look for Sprint LTE, then Sprint 3G, then roaming.  Now it looks for Sprint LTE, then Roaming LTE, then Sprint 3G, and then 3G/2G Roaming.

@medlabrat wrote:

@seawolf Can you tell me if there is a fix coming for the LTE connection and roaming problems that Galaxy S8 and S8+ customers are having after October's patch?

Thanks,

David

Highlighted

@Em_Will_I_Am Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of the deal with T-Mo. The problem I was seeing is the unable to establish connection error and 3G data where I previously had LTE. The problems seemed to begin after I downloaded the Oct patch. However, at some point yesterday afternoon I have LTE at my home again! So, it appears the problem is fixed for me. Thanks.

Highlighted

No problem.  Let me know if it pops up again, we can do a deep dive and see what's up.

@medlabrat wrote:

@Em_Will_I_Am Thanks for that info, I wasn't aware of the deal with T-Mo. The problem I was seeing is the unable to establish connection error and 3G data where I previously had LTE. The problems seemed to begin after I downloaded the Oct patch. However, at some point yesterday afternoon I have LTE at my home again! So, it appears the problem is fixed for me. Thanks.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat