cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

Ok, mystery solved. I recently had been shown Samsung themes. I thought it might be the current theme i was using so i changed to another theme yesterday but had the issue. Tonight i reverted to factory theme and all is good. Just odd that the only two themes i had ever used are not compatible with the update. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will this update roll out to S9+ on Sprint? I've yet to receive an update but have seen other customers with the S9 and Note 9 on Android Pie. 

GrandMaster

do you mean this update?

https://community.sprint.com/t5/Samsung/Software-Update-Samsung-Galaxy-S9-G965U-1-31-2019/m-p/103209...

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I do apologize if this message is either in the wrong place or already been asked/solved.

--

security patch 1/1/2019

System Update last checked on 2/3/2019

Since updating to andriod 9 (Pie) the phone cannot maintain a wifi connection for longer than 1 minute and mobile data is not working at all.

I have tried the following without problem resolution

--rebooted phone

--rebooted router

--reset network

--changed from static to dhcp (tried multiple ip addresses)

--carrier reset

i really would like to avoid a factory reset if possible since do not want to lose information.

I also understand that with any  new software release there will be bugs but to totally lose data, basically since its not of use in its current state,

Has anyone come across this and is there a fix, even temporary until patch is released, so that I can take care of business while on the go.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance

GrandMaster

you can perform a cache/partition wipe on the device..odds are you will need to sign back into everything but it clears out saved up info within the phone..might clear it up..

before that though..which network reset did you do?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

I used ##72786# as my first attempt to reset the network. The second attempt i used the network reset from the settings. 

Journeyman

Yes that one. Apparently does have issues with some Samsung themes at least from my experience. 

Journeyman

I go the update to  PIE last weekend and now I have no way to enable VoLTE.  Calling over Wifi works as I was able to enable it through the dialer.  I have an unlocked S9 Model No. SM-G960U1.

Community Manager

So in your Settings: Connections: Voice networks, do you see LTE Calling? That's VoLTE. I have an S9 myself and have that in my options.  

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

Under settings I have "Mobile Networks" but I don't have a "Voie Connection" option. This is an unlocked s9 model.

Community Manager

VoLTE is unavailable to unlocked devices at this time.  That is why you do not see it.

@midnite-rider wrote:

Under settings I have "Mobile Networks" but I don't have a "Voie Connection" option. This is an unlocked s9 model.

Community Manager

Thanks @Em_Will_I_Am! Apologies, I wasn't aware that unlocked/SE's didn't have capability yet.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat