cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

Why is that?  I paid good money for this phone and I have been Sprint customer since the 90s. This does not make since to me. AT&T I believe does offer this to Unlocked devices.

Highlighted
Community Manager

The simple answer is it is not a carrier branded device with carrier branded software.  Unlocked devices will be VoLTE capable in the future, just not now as well as other devices.

@midnite-rider wrote:

Why is that?  I paid good money for this phone and I have been Sprint customer since the 90s. This does not make since to me. AT&T I believe does offer this to Unlocked devices.

Journeyman

On a related note, I performed a system update to Android Pie on 04/29/19 and since then my apps don't update properly. I have performed the ##72786# system reset as well as the partition cache wipe. I have been attempting to get a 4.9MB app update to download and have been waiting for, as I write this, approximately 18 minutes with no progress whatsoever. Any additional advice?

GrandMaster

over the mobile network or using wifi?

the Google play store itself might not be updated on your phone to be compatible with Pie..so it might be waiting for some kind of kick start to get it through then the app updates can get their thing on..'

mainly making a guess on my side.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat