cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy S9 (G960U) 1/31/2019

I hate the new calendar. On monthly view it only shows me the actual number of the date we are on. If I want to look two weeks from now to see what date is Wednesday I have to count it from the day I am on. This sucks. Also I used to be able to see a small blurb of each of my calendar events on each day on the monthly view. Now they are down below and if I want to see what I am planned for any particular day I actually have to click that day, but of course there is no date or or day header i.e. Mon, Tues, Wed etc, so I have to count from the day I am on. This calendar is horrible!! Please go back to the way it was.

GrandMaster

mind posting a screen shot of how it looks? im wondering if you go into settings-apps or maybe even widgets if there are different calender options in there on how they look?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

worked for me! thank you!

Journeyman

See attached. I have checked all the settings and there is nothing that adds back the days and dates to the calendar. Calendar 1.jpgCalendar 2.jpg

Community Manager

Are you sure you don't have your fonts set to all white or something?  I just grabbed an S9 out the lab and the calendar does not look like yours. 

Capture.JPG

@christahart wrote:

See attached. I have checked all the settings and there is nothing that adds back the days and dates to the calendar. Calendar 1.jpgCalendar 2.jpg

GrandMaster

im actually wondering if the Calender deal was one of those apps that needed to be updated on its own to be up to speed with the new update....but maybe it just wasnt listed?

its a Samsung Calender correct and not Googles?

Fixes:

Upgraded One UI for Android Pie

One UI brings you Android Pie, with exciting new features and a whole new look and feel based on feedback from users in Samsung and Google.  We recommend that you back up your important data to keep it safe before the upgrade.  Some apps, including Calculator, Samsung Internet, Samsung Health, Samsung Notes, Samsung Members, and Samsung Pay need to be updated individually after you update your OS.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

This is somewhat like what it used to look like but after the update it now looks like what I posted. I do not see an option to add dates and days back in.

Journeyman

Correct, the original calendar that came with the phone. 

GrandMaster

so in this case it might need to be updated to be on the same level as the update on the phone now.

not sure if the Samsung apps are updated through the play store or if they are updated through some special Samsung only deal but im leaning towards it not looking right because of this.

are any apps that say Samsung in them showing up in the play store currently that are needing updated?

Journeyman

Hmmm, when I look at the Calendar version in the settings section it tells me "The latest version is already installed"

Journeyman

Any other suggestions? I need to get this figured out. I have all business and personal items on this calendar so I can even fathom changing over to a different app and having to move stuff I have scheduled out at least 6 mos.

GrandMaster

if its truly up to date then you might have to perform a cache/partition wipe..its the step prior to having to perform a factory reset that doesnt involve deleting everything from your phone and starting fresh.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat