Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (R805U) Black & Silver 2/5/2020

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (R805U) Black & Silver 2/5/2020

pull up the link i posted last Friday on page one.

direct from Samsung

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Still not hitting the update, make sure the location switch on the watch itself is on, idk, might help. Samsung told me it's up to the carrier to put out updates. I haven't talked to anyone on another carrier that might have the update. I'm worn out from this. I had high hopes when they announced the update.
Highlighted
GrandMaster

manufacturers always say that lol. aside from the apple line and pixel line..carriers test the builds once the manufacturer is done with the update..if it passes they fire it back with a ok and the manufacturer then fires in the info to google to set schedule of release

below was posted for a different device but still same answer.

Community Manager
Re: LG G7 Thinq - no Android 9 (Pie) update

LOL!  The merger has nothing to do with software updates.  Contrary to popular belief, Sprint or any carrier does not control the software update schedule.  That is controlled by the manufacturer.  All we do is test payload once it's sent over by the manufacturer and sent it back asking to address issues that were discovered.  If the merger was a problem, then that would not explain why the ATT LG G7 does not have Pie.  If carriers had control of software updates, that would not explain how Apple and Google Pixel devices are able to release software globally at the same time. 

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

forgot to mention it yesterday but all updates are not pushed out for one and all (aside from Apple and the Pixel line again)...each carrier will have their special add ons which is why you see one carrier get an update before the other..a lot of it is dependent on what needs to be added and THEN what issues are found due to things conflicting etc that the manufacturer must get figured out before they even kick it to the carrier to test..

so for example this watch will have a variant for each carrier..slight differences between them for that specific carrier.

an example for this would be like the LG G8 has received the 10 update for Sprint while TMOs version has not due to running into issues on their variant of the update.

only thing you can really learn from seeing if another carrier has kicked out the update is that its being released so testing/whatnot has been happening..what you wont learn is what is happening that is delaying it (bugs, things conflicting etc).

@Kevb wrote:
Still not hitting the update, make sure the location switch on the watch itself is on, idk, might help. Samsung told me it's up to the carrier to put out updates. I haven't talked to anyone on another carrier that might have the update. I'm worn out from this. I had high hopes when they announced the update.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat