Highlighted
Community Manager

Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (R805U) Black & Silver 2/5/2020

Samsung - Galaxy Watch 46mm (R805U) Black & Silver

Software Version: SL2
Release Date: 2/5/2020
Method: Available OTA

Fixes:

Adding VoLTE support and other bug fixes and enhancements.

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Software Update: Samsung Galaxy Watch 46mm (R805U) Black & Silver 2/5/2020

I cannot get update ota, through wear app. Why
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same here how do I get this update not happening via wear software 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

are you both connected to wifi while trying to get the update?

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084622/

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The new update works!!!!! Phone was off and it dialed out and recieved calls, Turned blue tooth was turned off and it callled without the phone being on

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

VOLTE logo now shows up to the right side of the battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Please tell me what city you live in and the steps you took to update? I have been waiting on this update forever! I live in KC, and have not been able to get wear app to acknowledge an update. Anything? I have reset phone and watch again and again. My phone is an S7. Thank you. Do I have to have the LTE service activated to get update?

Highlighted
GrandMaster

when you get home try connecting up to wifi.. it might bump it through...updates are not pushed by city or state.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Wizard

Software updates are control and released by Samsung when it comes to their watches.. 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

yup...in random batches so it doesnt overload their servers.

what up SW..long time no see

Highlighted
Journeyman

Even for LTE models? the update will come from Samsung and not sprint? My watch is still waiting to pick up the update, I do not have LTE plan activated on my watch....

Highlighted
GrandMaster

every update you receive no matter which carrier you are with comes from the manufacturer..the carrier only does testing on the updates prior to them getting kicked out to see if there are any problems..if there are problems then its reported back to the manufacturer and they get to try and figure it out and then repeat the steps again until its cleared..

you will need to connect up to wifi in order to get your update..and then have a line set up for it if you want the stand alone option

Highlighted
Journeyman

So just to confirm if I use wifi on phone/watch then I should get the update even if I dont have a line (Phone Plan) enabled?

When you say connect to wifi, you mean connect watch and phone both to wifi network rigth? I have it setup that way still no update :(..
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat