Samsung - Galaxy S9/S9+ (G965U)

Software Version: G965USQU1ARBG    
Release Date: 3/16/2018  
Method: Available Over the Air  
Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Out-of-box bug fixes including resolution for Google Play Services pop up during setup

Samsung - Galaxy S9/S9+ (G965U)

Software Version: G965USQU1ARB7    
Release Date: 3/16/2018  
Method: Launch Software  
Version:    
Subversion:    
Hardware Version:      

Fixes:

Launch software

ALERT: Visual Voicemail is temporarily unavailable on the Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ Special Edition due to an issue that has been identified. 

• Teams are working on resolving the issue
  • The Visual Voicemail application is not currently available in the Google Play Store
  • Customers will have regular “old fashioned” Voicemail (they can listen to their messages on the network by pressing 1 on their device) until the issue is resolved and the app is loaded in the Google Play Store

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

64 REPLIES 64
Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

I see the Sprint Visual Voicemail is available in the Google Play Store.  I have installed it on my Galaxy S9 unlocked; however, it does not connect to voicemail.  Are there still issues with the application?  I was assuming since it was available in the Play Store that the bugs were possibly fixed.  Also Sprint might want to update their Tech Support that their is a Sprint Visual Voicemail app available for download in the Play Store.  I received the run around when I contacted support, with them stating they have no official app in the play store.

Community Manager

Hey @jaschuma, I'll definitely let the teams know that people should check the documentation for the device.  It's pretty clearly called out.

Do you still have your previous device? If so, from the dailer pad, type ##RTN# from that old phone.  It'll de-authorize that phone and let you get set up on the new one.

SeaWolf
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Journeyman

@seawolfNo, I don't have my old device.  It has been wiped and returned to Sprint.  Since I no longer have the old device and unable to run ##RN# what are my options?

Community Manager

That may complicate things, let me reach out to someone and find out.  It'll Monday before I'll know anything.

SeaWolf

Wizard

Just picked up the S9 and S9+ on my accounts this weekend upgrading from the S8/S8+. The same bugs in the S8 Oreo software are present in the S9 unfortunately. A lot of double notifications from apps. Also, I've lost the ability for custom notification tones in a few apps like Twitter, G+ and such. I checked other manufacturers phones and they still exist, so not sure why we can't pick them? Very strange. 

Do Not Disturb mode when scheduled does not enable itself? Very strange here as well. 

Otherwise, they're very nice and fast phones. Surprisingly enough, my fast wireless charger in the car now can run Maps, stream music, AND still charge instead of drain. So clearly there has been some power management improvements between the S8+ and the S9+.

The hold down camera button options are nice to have now with the automatic GIF creation too! Sneaky addition. 

I would still love, love, love, if Samsung added an option to "not light up screen when fully charged". No idea why this is a thing that they have to do. 

GrandMaster

the notification deal is popping up with other carriers that received Oreo as well on the sammy side.  i havent seen mention of the duplicate notification one but the lack of being able to set notifications differently was lost for many across the board.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Wired Fast Charging for me will turn into "Charging" after about 15 minutes of charging. If I unplug and then plug it back in, it'll be "Fast charging" again for another 15 minutes. I tested this with my S9+ and my wife's S9. Both with charger/cord from the box. Again this is WIRED. Phone is not too warm either. 

The Fast Wireless charging seems to be fine for me and stay fast for the duration of charge. 

Journeyman

@seawolf were you able to find a solution to the visual voicemail issue? 

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Samsung has the phone light up at end of charge cycle seemingly because they do not have charge LED on most new phones. I have noticed the same behavior on other models that use USB C connector, and newer quick charge version (QC3.0) on my phone if I flip the connector it happens less frequently.

No longer working Community Response.
Community Manager

Hey @jaschuma shoot me a PM and I will check to see if you are set for VVM or Legacy VM.  If needed, I will create a ticket and get it fixed.

Journeyman

@Em_Will_I_AmPM has been sent.  Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat