cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

My visual voicemail is not working. It is not connected and does not show me new voicemails and does not activate. Thank you 

GrandMaster

new device or did Google Voice recently get decommissioned on your device?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It's unlocked version and I have Sprint. I recently had to do a factory reset because of my device frequently randomly freezing and restarting (which is still an on-going issue- the factory resets.. or anything else.. have not helped) and after the reset, I cannot get visual voicemail to work / activate. I tried using the version in the play store and several different versions of it from downloading the apk files and manually installing them. No luck 🤨 

Community Manager

My mom has the unlocked version and had the same issue.  Ultimately, I had to send to the VVM vendor to get it fixed.  PM me your number.

Journeyman

Hello, I am having the same issue and cannot get it to work, can you help please with VVM and S9
Journeyman

I do not see visual voicemail in play store to download, and when I did, it says the version does not work with my phone...  how do I get this to work on my S9

Community Manager

Try here.  Do you have an S9 SE?

Journeyman

I tried the link and it says:  Your device isnt compatible with this version in google play for Sprint Visual Voicemail

It says my model is SM-G960U, so not sure if that is S9 SE

GrandMaster

did you purchase it directly from Samsung, another carrier or Sprint?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Sprint

GrandMaster

thats why. it should technically be already on your device since its a Sprint variant. if it were a fully unlocked direct from Samsung SE then you would be able to download it from the play store.

on your device pull up the dial pad..actually make sure you are in a good covered area data wise..then pull up the dial pad and type in ##27263# (##BRAND#) . this is a Sprint only code that should pull it back in if for whatever reason it is missing.

(*****for anyone else reading this...if you have a Sprint device you have unlocked and are using on a different carrier do NOT use this code..it will re lock you to Sprint and open a can of worms you are not wanting to deal with lol****)

actually hold off on this for a sec..want to double check with @Em_Will_I_Am to make sure the S9 did in fact come with it and it wasnt one that did not receive it for whatever reason.

Journeyman

ok thanks, i am waiting

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat