cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Hi ahansgen1 ! Just to be clear, you traded your V30 in for the S9+?

As far as your Voicemail, what are exactly are the issues? 

Do you retrieve voicemails by calling or do you use the  visual voicemail app?

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

I have an unlocked s9 and am having issues with the visual voicemail. I was able to download it from Google play however it is not receiving the messages. Sometimes I just get random notifications that I have a new message but I don't. Please help.

Community Manager

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Visual Voicemail for Android was down since Friday and has just been restored.  It was a backend router problem.  Try it now.

 


@Teedy2 wrote:

I have an unlocked s9 and am having issues with the visual voicemail. I was able to download it from Google play however it is not receiving the messages. Sometimes I just get random notifications that I have a new message but I don't. Please help.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

@Em_Will_I_AmThank you for letting me know that the system was down. I am paying very close attention. I keep calling and leaving myself messages to see if it is working and so far so good. However, I did uninstall and reinstall from Google Play.

Community Manager

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Coolio!  Had a routing problem this weekend and it killed for all Androids.  If anything pops up, let me know.

 


@Teedy2 wrote:

@Em_Will_I_AmThank you for letting me know that the system was down. I am paying very close attention. I keep calling and leaving myself messages to see if it is working and so far so good. However, I did uninstall and reinstall from Google Play.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Hello. I am having the same issues with Voicemail. Phone was purchased directly from Sprint and voicemail has not worked since I got it. Please help.

Community Manager

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

PM me your phone number.

 


@Jbeckett74 wrote:

Hello. I am having the same issues with Voicemail. Phone was purchased directly from Sprint and voicemail has not worked since I got it. Please help.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Hi. Purchased a new S9 from Sprint store just a couple of weeks ago, and the voicemail app has not worked - no voicemail alerts in it, no voicemails available to listen to. My wife got an s9 same day, and hers works. I see that you're asking people to PM their mobile #s, but is there anything I can do myself? Please advise.

Community Manager

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Not much you can do because usually, we have to reprovision you voicemail her at the server level.  That's why I ask for a PM to get your phone number.

 


@wgfrench1969 wrote:

Hi. Purchased a new S9 from Sprint store just a couple of weeks ago, and the voicemail app has not worked - no voicemail alerts in it, no voicemails available to listen to. My wife got an s9 same day, and hers works. I see that you're asking people to PM their mobile #s, but is there anything I can do myself? Please advise.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

Got it. Thanks.

Follow-up in this: I wento into Settings\Apps\Voicemail and deleted cache and deleted data. After that, i opened Voicemail app and it took me through setup and now it all works.

Community Manager

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

BOOM!

 


@wgfrench1969 wrote:

Got it. Thanks.

Follow-up in this: I wento into Settings\Apps\Voicemail and deleted cache and deleted data. After that, i opened Voicemail app and it took me through setup and now it all works.


 

Journeyman

Re: Software Updates and known issues: Galaxy S9/9+

I have No voicemail notification on unlocked samsung s9

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat