cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone received a text from me I didn't send

Highlighted
Journeyman

Someone received a text from me I didn't send

Another phone on my plan received two text messages from me that I never typed or sent to anyone. We both have Samsungs. No one at Sprint has been able to help me.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Journeyman

This happened to me today. I could only find info about it from a year ago claiming it was a one time issue. Also back then they said it was sending previously sent messages but this was a text I definitely never typed because it was in a language I don't speak. No idea how this happened. 

Highlighted

Is anyone else having this problem? This happened on our account 10/9/2020. Got a message from my other line that they say they don't know anything about. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just joined community for this very reason! This same thing happened to me yesterday - 10/14/20. It was sent to my partner who has a Samsung (as I do) but is not on the same plan. It was sent right after I sent an actual message, but the second message was one I definitely didn't type or send. I haven't had much luck finding info as to why it happened but I am a little relieved that other people are having this same issue. 

Highlighted

Hey, good morning. I'm aware of this issue, a lot of persons has been encountering this issue as of lately, but it's so strange. I'll provide all the troubleshooting steps I can because I know how this situation can be. Are you aware of any virus on your device? 

Highlighted

How may people have had this problem?

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat