cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Active 2 Watch - Turning on data roaming?

Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Sprint Active 2 Watch - Turning on data roaming?

The Galaxy Watch 2 will not roam.  The main reason is the watch only has 2 bands which are Band 25 and Band 26.  Sprint (now part of T-Mobile) is the only carrier that operates on those bands.  Well, there is a carrier in Canada that does, but I'm not sure if we have a roaming agreement with them.  The previous steps to turn off roaming is at the device level, not on the watch.

@jwill1515 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply - my next step is to take everything back to the store and if they can't get it to data roam, which sounds like they won't be able to do, return it for a refund because it's no good like this

Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't think that's right - owners manual shows the setting and Verizon watches have the option - so the watch should roam just not with Sprint

Highlighted
Community Manager

I confirmed the spec sheet and only those 2 bands are available. Also, I worked on the launch project of this device. If memory serves another reason is that it uses our form of VoLTE for the standalone to work. At the time this product was released, VoLTE roaming was not a thing. 

If you can figure it out, be sure to post it here. 

@jwill1515 wrote:

I don't think that's right - owners manual shows the setting and Verizon watches have the option - so the watch should roam just not with Sprint

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat