cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Holding Phone Hostage- Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint Holding Phone Hostage- Samsung Galaxy Note 8

My sister and I decided to change to a different carrier last year...long story short, we were unable to have our phones unlocked when we were wanting to switch to Verizon. My sister had called numerous times to customer support and it was always useless and pointless information. We even tried getting help from the Verizon employees and one of them was kind enough to call Sprint's customer service.

He had the phone on speaker and the person he talked to was useless too. Absolutely terrible service. Apparently our phone's had been unlocked and there was nothing Sprint could do. When we requested to speak to another agent, the person kept us on hold for over 10 minutes and hung up on us. I was upset because I paid off the remaining 600+ balance to pay off my phone, and Sprint still had not unlocked my phone. I have never been late to make a payment, I was never rude to the sale associates in my local Sprint store, and I never caused trouble. This was November 2018...I checked today, MY PHONE IS STILL LOCKED A YEAR LATER. 

Has anyone else had terrible customer service as I have and did Sprint keep your phone hostage? What did you all have to do to make them unlock your phone that no longer belongs to Sprint?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

I'd like to help you with this. Send me the information of the account: the phone number, account holder's name, security PIN or the answer to the security question. Click on my name and select "send a message". 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted

Thank you for contacting me,

Will the account still be accessible? The phone number has been ported to the new carrier. I have the account holder's name and security question.

Highlighted

I can work with that. Send me that information. 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat