Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hub Issue

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

01cell64,

Have you tried to check on the updates if you have it set up automatically or manually, you should have received the update by this time.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks for the information. Can you tell me what the latest version number is for App Spotlight for Galaxy S8+? Also if i uninstall this app can it be re-installed later? Thank you

Community Manager

I do not recall the version number off hand.  I will have to grab an S8 at the office and look.  However, you can uninstall it and if you need it back you can dial ##BRAND# or hard reset the device.  The hard reset is a Plan Z type of thing, but it will put the ROM back as original.

Journeyman

Ok thank you. I will wait for the version number before I decide what to do. I'm giving the phone to my dad and I don't want him to have battery drainage issues. The App Spotlight update solved the problem on my Note 8 so may have to hard reset S8+. Thank you

Community Manager

OK, I will hit you up on Monday and let you know.  Make sure Sprint Hub is not force closed because that will prevent App Spotlight from updating.

Journeyman

Everything pertaining to Sprint hub is turned on. The version for App Spotlight I have on S8+ is 1.4.3. Thank you again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm still having the problem. Sprint spot didn't have permission to access my phone, version is 2.0.65, what version is supposed to fix this?
Community Manager

Sprint Spot is the hotspot.  You will need to grant it permission.

Community Manager

The current version is 1.5.2.  I would suggest performing a ##BRAND# on the device.  Don't freak out because the Sprint Hub is using the battery will appear.  It's only temporarily until it updates.  The ##BRAND# sets the Sprint apps to default.

Journeyman

I am getting the update notice again to update to Oreo. Why would I need to do that if I already updated? I am afraid to allow the update again with all of the issues it caused.
Community Manager

What version are you currently on? 

Journeyman

I am on 8.0 and it wants to do the same update.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat