Re: Sprint Hub Issue

No, what is the version number? Settings > About Phone > Software Version

Screenshot_20180416-085901_Settings.jpg

Journeyman

G950USQU2CRB9 REV 1.0
Community Manager

It's not asking for you to update to Oreo again.  It's asking you to get the latest update release 03/30/2018.  This update includes March Google Security Patch, UICC Lock improvements, and Enhanced Messaging improvements.

Journeyman

I have a Galaxy S7 and I received the update notification just under a week ago. Today I had time to run the update. Now Sprint Hub is draining my battery. I get a battery drain notification approximately every two minutes but sometimes as often as every second. It's charging right now and simultaneously vibrating it's way across my table as notification after notification fly in. Shutting off the notification is useless, the battery drain still occurs. I don't see the app that seemed to have caused the problem for the S8s in this thread, so I can't uninstall that. I have tried to manually check for more updates, but it says I have the latest. At the rate this battery drains, the phone is only functional for about two hours before needing a recharge. How do I stop this?

Community Manager

You can hard reset the device within Sprint coverage or you can turn off background data for the Sprint Hub app.  It's settings - apps - 3 dots - show system apps - then look for Sprint Hub.  We are investigating this on the LG side, can you PM your phone number to me?

Highlighted
Journeyman

What setting in background data do you set it to i tried never, always, only while roaming and none work... do i have to do a hard reset? I just updated this morning and it runs even on max battery saver 1% drain every hour on max eveScreenshot_20180628-205002_Settings.jpg

Community Manager

@Vamplou wrote:

What setting in background data do you set it to i tried never, always, only while roaming and none work... do i have to do a hard reset? I just updated this morning and it runs even on max battery saver 1% drain every hour on max eveScreenshot_20180628-205002_Settings.jpg

Restricting background data does just that, restrict background data.  Set to always and the app will not use data.  If you are trying to stop the app from operating, you can choose force close on the previous screen.  Keep in mind it will start back up if it the phone is powercycled or another app wakes it up.

Journeyman

I downloaded an app called package disabler pro and was able to disable it through that... it has worked.  Nothing in the phone had worked to stop the battery drain from the app constantly running in background and draining it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat