cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hub Issue

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint Hub Issue

So I got the Oreo update yesterday and I noticed that Sprint Hub is running far more than it should and eating battery. I have to physically go in and force stop it. 8 noticed on a few forums that alot of people are having the same issue. Anyone have a fix for this or can tell me what it is exactly? I haven't seen anyone post a fix anywhere. I like the new features and update just have the Sprint Hub issue.

Thanks

JC

103 REPLIES 103
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

I shut off Sprint Hub in App permissions.

Journeyman

I did that and the message still shows up it's using battery.

JC

Sprint Social Care

JC8865,

In this case, please try these steps:

Long hold the notification until it opens with about 20 notification settings that all appear to be turned off. Scroll down to the knee that says something like running in background. It should say "no sound". Open that up and click the bottom option of no sound or interruption and click that.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the exact same issue.  Turning off the sound and notifications just means I just won't know when Sprint Hub is running and using battery, correct?  We need an option to turn it on when needed and turn it off when not needed.

Sprint Social Care

Hello KAAN2302. Please try these steps as a work around:

Go to Settings> Apps> Tap the top right three dots> Select show system Apps> Navigate to Sprint Hub, and tell the app to force quit.

Please let us know the outcome.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This only works for a few minutes than it comes back on.  We need a permanent off/on switch or disable option.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Turning off notifications doesn't do anything..it still comes back even after forcing it closed. The " disable" option is greyed out so that isn't an option.

JC

Hi guys! Samsung is aware of the problems that the Oreo update has caused and is working to get it fixed. They have reached out to the developers and at this point and they are working on another update to fix the bug.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks Mayorin for the reply, much appreciated!

JC

You're most welcome JC8865, have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Is there an ETA on when this will be fixed?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat