cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hub Issue

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

There's not ETA at the moment. In the meantime, you can try the workaround that Sprint_Ciara provided it above.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thank you, I have been doing that but I have to constantly check my phone because it will start up again on its on.  I have to force stop at least 5 times a day.  Is there a way Spring can let me go back to a previous version until this issue is fixed?

Sprint Social Care

I understand how inconvenience this is for you, however, once the software is upgraded, it cannot be downgraded. At the moment we don't have any update on this matter, but once we receive it, we'll let you all know.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am now having the same issue with Pandora.  Anyone else have other apps automatically start running even though it hasn't been used?

Sprint Social Care

Hello Yacko7, we'd like to provide you with some steps in order to close applications in the background.

For Androids devices, you can try these steps:

1. Launch the recent applications menu.

2. Find the application(s) you want to close on the list by scrolling up from the bottom.

3. Tap and hold on the application and swipe it to the right.

If the issue persist, please confirm the make or model of your phone, so that we can provide you with other instructions.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I know how to close/force stop, but it starts running on it's own like the Sprint Hub, draining the battery. It happens several times a day.
Sprint Social Care

Understood Yacko7! If you have a device running Android 6.0 or above, you can try this work around: Go to Settings > Developer options > Running services, you can tap on active apps and choose to Stop. You’ll see a warning if an app cannot be stopped safely.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Having the same issue & after 2 hours talking to 3 different people at Sprint no solution. No one could even tell me exactly what this sprint hub does - one kept saying for wifi calling. I was told Samsung is working on a solution after the last system update. Who knows if it a Sprint issue, Samsung or what - JUST GET IT FIXED!!! I have already done force stop 5 times in 3 hours & sprint hub keeps coming back. Battery drained 97% to 68% in 2 hrs & 45 minutes!!! PLEASE SOMEONE AT SPRINT OR SAMSUNG OR ANYWHERE FIX THIS ISSUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in real estate & my phone is my livelyhood.

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care

Thanks for the feedback madras1! Please keep in mind that software issues are related to the manufacture. We'll forward this information to Samsung.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks Sprint Ciara.  Along with being on the phone with Sprint 3 times today, I have been on the phone with Samsung twice today & of course they are saying it is a Sprint issue. I told them the info on the latest update I received March 26 specifically says Samsung Experience 9.0 upgrade with Android Oreo. Was told by Harry the update is sent to our carrier - I'm thinking Sprint & other carriers probably add their specific apps to Samsung system update. Why else would this app be called Sprint Hub? Other carriers sell the Samsung phones too & doubt AT&T would have a Sprint Hub app on this latest update.  I have had to force stop Sprint Hub EIGHT times today!! My battery was drained over 25% the last hour. This is not acceptable  from either/ both companies. I just want Sprint &/or Samsung to resolve this issue. I have yet to have either company tell me exactly what this app is for,  what it is supposed to do or help. One little girl with Sprint said it is for WiFi calling. Under my settings that is already an option with the Calling PLUS setting we can opt for so why is Sprint Hub necessary? I believe if the consumer was educated on these bloat apps it would be nice. As I mentioned earlier I am a REALTOR & my phone is my lively hood - can't afford to have battery draining constantly when out in the "field".  I just hope Sprint & Samsung can work together & get this solved QUICKLY!! I have been a Sprint customer over 15 years so I am dedicated to you guys & hope the dedication is reciprocated!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Comes back on with 30 minutes. Have done this EIGHT times today.

Journeyman

Have talked to Samsung twice today after talking with Sprint three times earlier. Samsung says it is a Sprint issue since app is called Sprint Hub. Other carriers sell Samsung phones too & doubt Verizon would have an app in an update that says Sprint Hub! We just want someone, anyone to resolve this issue of battery drain from Sprint Hub

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat