cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hub Issue

Go to solution
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

Hey guys, as per the information I have, other Samsung user were have the same issue with the Sprint Hub application running, but on their end it show s that the battery usage was 0% per hour. Since the app is not draining the battery, what they were recommended to do was to turn off the notification of that app.

@Rooster2017 Can you send us an screenshot of the battery percentage the app is using?

@Yacko7 Since when you are not able to use your bank and camera app? Have you tried to do the clear data and cache? if yes, have you contacted the support team of the device's manufacture to know if that is been caused by the new update?  

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Employee

I got a reply from the developers on this. There are 6 related applications, I’m told if you make sure that they are updated it should help. Premium caller ID, Visual voicemail, Sprint Spot, App Spotlight, Tidal, and secure Wi-Fi. Please enable, and update each of these, and let me know if this improves the battery life issue.

No longer working Community Response.
Community Manager

@RC1024  is absolutely correct.  Sprint Hub is a background app which installs Sprint branded applications.  Sprint Hub has always been install, it is now visible due to the Oreo requirements around background processes.

Impacted applications:

• Premium Caller ID
  • VVM
  • Sprint Spot
  • App Spotlight
  • Tidal
  • Secure Wi-Fi

Solution to remove any persistent notifications:

• Update the six applications above
Journeyman

I tried the suggestion. No luck there is a notification that stays in notification bar that says "Sprint hub requests are processing. If I turn off sprint hub and block permissions and notifications it will go away.

Journeyman

I have blocked notifications and permissions and still get the notification.  The notification says that is using battery, but the app screen says no battery usage.  Apparently there is still no fix for this.

Community Manager

Have you updated the 6 aforementioned apps?

Journeyman

My boyfriend has same phone as mine. I set his to block notifications and permissions but his still gets that "Sprint Hub is processing requests" mine doesn't.

Journeyman

Yes all apps are up to date

Journeyman

I am also getting a notification for another Oreo update.  Why would I need to do this again?  After doing it once I do not want to make it worse!  Also, I only have 4 of the 6 apps mentioned and they are up to date.

Community Manager

I will grab an S8 from the lab tomorrow and see if I am able to duplicate.  Standby...

Highlighted
Community Manager

@Yacko7 What software version are you currently on and what version is it attempting to install?

Community Manager

Ok, I grabbed an S8 from the lab and updated it to Oreo.  I did see the Sprint Hub notification appear several times, but after updated it disappeared.  I am going on 5 hours without a notification.  For those that are still having a problem, you may be doing yourself a disservice by force closing the Sprint Hub app.  With it Force Close, it's unable to update 5 of those 6 apps. With those apps out of date, results in constant notifications.  I recommend to enable the Sprint Hub app, power cycle the device and ensure all apps are updated.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat