cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Hub Issue

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

I did what you said. I don't even use wi-fi calling but I set it up. Same for Tidal. All apps up to date still get "SPrint requests are processing". Draining battery fast.

Community Manager

Settings > Apps > Select 3 dots at top right > Select "Show system apps" > Sprint Hub > Storage > Manage Storage > Clear Application Data > Clear Configuration Data > Clear Service Data > Back arrow > Back Arrow > Force Stop > Force Stop > Press and Hold Power Button > Power Off > Power Off > Sing the song "Happy Birthday" > The entire song > WITH FEELING! > Power on phone.

Journeyman

I had a system update this morning which did not fix this issue. I have tried what you suggsted and it only took about 5 minutes to again receive the battery app notification.

Community Manager

@ajaks wrote:

I had a system update this morning which did not fix this issue. I have tried what you suggsted and it only took about 5 minutes to again receive the battery app notification.

And it's a static message that appears at the top and will not go away or constantly pops up?  I ask because I've had this test phone for nearly 24 hours and have not seen that message since I've updated all apps.

Journeyman

I also did what you suggested and same notification "Sprint hub requests are processing". 

Journeyman

Just figured out the "Sprint hub requests are processing". If you pull notifications down and hold that notification you can turn notifications off there. I don't want to turn it off cause I don't know if it is needed.

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180406-111955_Samsung Internet.jpg

It came and went a few times, eventually it's static

Highlighted
Community Manager

@ajaks wrote:

Screenshot_20180406-111955_Samsung Internet.jpg

It came and went a few times, eventually it's static

Oh, I see!  The Android System deal that came with Oreo.  Looks like it's snitching on Sprint Hub and Pandora for you.

OK... Settings > Apps > 3 Dots upper right > Show system apps > Android System > Notifications > Tap the words "Apps Consuming Battery" (or you can toggle the switch off) > Importance > Low

Journeyman

Huh..mine doesn't have the "Apps consuming battery" option. I have the 8.0 Oreo too.

JC 

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180406-132602_Settings.jpg

Community Manager

Update:  

Over the next 12 hours, there will be an application update pushed to all Oreo OS devices in order to update App Spotlight.  This was the application that was driving the Sprint Hub notification and causing concerns of excessive battery drain.  The update will happen silently and automatically in the background, and it will not require user interaction.

The App Spotlight application can also be uninstalled if the customer chooses:  Settings > Apps > App Spotlight > UnInstall

It Friday and y'all got me making videos!!  Try this...

Journeyman

That's what I did to get rid of it.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat