Community Manager

Re: Sprint Hub Issue

@JC8865 wrote:

Thanks for the video EM !!

JC 

No problem JC!

Journeyman

It wants to install Oreo 9, launched 3/30. Is this a newer version? Is anyone else getting this request for update?

Journeyman

Screenshot_20180407-075344_Samsung Internet.jpg

Journeyman

Same here. Stopped the notification popup but battery continues to drain.

Sprint Social Care

I was reviewing the conversation in community, I saw that a video was posted and was accepted as a solution, here's the link http://sprint.co/2hsLh04

Can you try it and let us know what worked and what didn't, so we can properly address this concerns for you guys?

Jey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Tried it last night, still draining battery and notifying of such. The problem isn't the notification so much as the validity of Sprint Hub draining the battery.
Journeyman

Why am I being g asked to update (again?) To Oreo 9?
Highlighted
Community Manager

There is no such thing as Oreo 9. Oreo is Android version 8.x.

Community Manager

Weird. 48 hours with this test phone and no notifications and Sprint Hub is using no battery.  If the notification in Android System is set to Low, then no sound and notifications should happen for the battery. Either the setting is not set or something is corrupted. If is is set, then I recommend back up the device and hard reset. 

Pics on my phone1523125680627_Screenshot_20180407-132059_Settings.jpgNo Sprint Hub in battery usage

Screenshot_20180407-132248_Settings.jpgSprint Hub shows 0% battery usage

Journeyman

@Yacko7 wrote:
Why am I being g asked to update (again?) To Oreo 9?

There is no Oreo 9..the "Samsung Experience" is version 9.0 but the Operating System is 8.0 or 8.1 I've also seen.

JC

Journeyman

I got the App Spotlight update for my Note 8 and it fixed the problem but haven't received the update for the S8+ there is no way to update it. So am I to assume it has to be updated by the publisher? Thanks

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat