Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint OMAD Configuration Error (-1)

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint OMAD Configuration Error (-1)

Well, I Have A Sprint, Samsung Galaxy S8+, which was previously my dad's Phone, The Phone Is Currently Stuck On Android 8.0.0 

G955USQU5CRF1 <- Software Version.

I've Been Trying To Update, But It Won't Let Me, Cause Of The **bleep** Configuration Error, Is there A Way To Fix This?

*This Problem Could've Been Avoided If You Guy's Didn't Add So Much Sprint Bloatware, So Fix That Up*

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint OMAD Configuration Error (-1)

@ModdedMari, so the phone shows the notification of the new software update available, correct? Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Also, is this phone currently active in another carrier?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hello! Couple of questions. I can see you say that you have Sprint, but want to confirm if you have a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8+ or if you don't have service? Also, the software version that you're trying to install, did it as appear available in the software updates? 

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, It Is A Sprint Phone, but it's unlocked, I've tried getting help from some friends that have a sprint activated Phone, And Borrowed Their Sim for at least 5 hours and it keeps saying Configuration Error, and i know you guys have sent this update, because my sister has the same exact phone and it got the update, also Borrowed her sim, and it got the same error once again.

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@ModdedMari, so the phone shows the notification of the new software update available, correct? Can you send us a screenshot of the error message you're getting? Also, is this phone currently active in another carrier?

Carlos
Sprint Social Care

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Journeyman

Currently Active With At&t Sense I Can't Find A Way Around This Issue, error is always the same.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Screenshot_20200129-165754_Sprint OMADM.jpg

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

@ModdedMari, I cannot see the screenshot clearly. If the phone is active with a different carrier, it may not work with a Sprint SIM card. Have you tried checking for software updates with the phone connected to your current carrier SIM using Wi-Fi? 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes, I Try Every Once And Awhile And It goes to the Configuration Screen And Just Says That errror

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Understood! In this case, since the device has already been unlocked from Sprint, the software update should come from either Samsung or your actual carrier. My recommendation would be to contact Samsung or your actual carrier. 

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat