cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: I was close to death, but Power Saving saved me.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador: I was close to death, but Power Saving saved me.

Oh my goodness. I absolutely LOVE the Power saving mode on this phone. I traveled out of town this weekend and I had thought that I plugged my phone in the night before I left, but I hadn’t. And I went out with it at 65 %. To an airport, then on a plane, then planned to walk around that day taking pictures and using the map feature, and internet to research places in the town I was visiting (Nashville!). I got off the plane and my phone was at 45 % - and I started sweating – but then I remembered the Power saving feature.

Accessing it is pretty easy.

• Scroll down settings from your top menu and go to Power saving:

Screenshot_20170223-094615.png

• You’ll have the choice on how you want to save:

Screenshot_20170223-094626.png

• And you’ll be able to decide how long to have the power saving mode:

Screenshot_20170223-094713.png

A few things to note however: The Power saving mode conserves battery power by limiting CPU performance, reducing screen brightness, and turning off the touch key light and vibration feedback. My phone did give me some trouble (like it just wasn’t as responsive as I liked – and having limited performance meant it was slower). BUT being able to have my phone work until we went back to the hotel that night was worth it – especially when we got seated stage side at BB Kings Blues Club and I was able to take pictures!

But if you don’t want to use the power saving features, your device provides other options that help you conserve battery power. By customizing these options and turning off features in the background, you can use your device longer between charges:

• Turn off the Bluetooth®
  • Turn off Wi-Fi®.
  • Turn off the GPS service.
  • Turn off the mobile data connection.
  • Turn off auto-syncing of accounts.
  • Decrease the backlight time (timeout settings).
  • Decrease the brightness of the display.

All in all - lots of options to maximize your battery! Until next week!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

https://twitter.com/alaskham01
0 REPLIES 0
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat