Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Unlocked Samsung J3 Emerge: UICC Unlock Message

Go to solution
Journeyman

Sprint Unlocked Samsung J3 Emerge: UICC Unlock Message

Hi,

I have 7 line with Samsung J3 emerge phone. All phones have same hardware, baseband and Android versions. I have paid off the phones and requested for unlock. Now, customer service is telling all phones are unlocked, but only 2 phones are supporting other carrier sim cards but other 5 do not.

2 phone supporting other carrier sim is having UICC Unlock message: "Your device is unlocked for any sim cards." And 5 phones does not support other carrier sim is having UICC Unlock message: "Your device is locked for sprint sim card."

I have tried to communicate this many time to customer representative, but they are saying, in sprint system phones are showing unlock so they can not do anything.

I have tried master reset, factory reset etc.. But nothing helped.

Any suggestion?

82 REPLIES 82
Sprint Employee

Re: Sprint Unlocked Samsung J3 Emerge: UICC Unlock Message

Hello, thank you for reaching out to us here, We can help. Please send me a private message.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Sprint Social Care

Hello LalasJay. Thanks for reaching out. Are you trying to get your device unlocked?

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same issue. I have three Essential Phone's that say they are unlocked but they aren't unlocked. I need the unlock code resent??

Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

biggmax81,

Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hola que tal?

@Sprint_Kryshnawrote:

biggmax81,

Let's take a closer look into this. Please check your inbox, I've sent you a private message.

Compre un J3 Emerge de joost móvil pero soy de Venezuela y el móvil me da el teléfono solo para tarjeta de identificación Sprint me gustaría saber como hacer en ese caso

Journeyman

Hi,

This is for a Samsung Galaxy J3 Emerge that I bought from Sprint, and tried to get unlocked.
I called up Sprint customer care - International Department, and they said they unlocked my phone. As far as I remember (this was 3 - 4 months ago), I did get a message saying the same.
I am trying to put some other sim card, but I get an "Invalid SIM Card" error.

I also checked the UICC Unlock option and it says - "You can currently only use your service provider UICC with device. To use a different UICC, contact your service provider."
Not sure what to do. Luckily, my sprint number and account are still active.

In my phone under settings has UICC Unlock message: "Your device is locked for sprint sim card only."

I have tried to communicate this many time to customer representative, but they are saying, in sprint system phones are showing unlock so they can not do anything.

I have tried master reset, factory reset etc.. But nothing helped.

I will really appreciate if you could please help me with this.

Thank you.

Sprint Social Care

Hello AshishGarg20, thanks for contacting us! I would like to take a look into this. Please reply to my Private Message at your earliest convenience.

You can also get more information about our unlock policy by clicking: http://sprint.co/2xL4Ff4 .

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thanks Ciara for your quick response on my concern. I am hoping my phone issue will resolve very soon.

Sprint Social Care

Hey AshishGarg20, I have replied to your Private Message, please check your inbox.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I sent up a PM i need help also

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat