cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Unlocked Samsung J3 Emerge: UICC Unlock Message

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Unlocked Samsung J3 Emerge: UICC Unlock Message

Hi Ciara .. I PM you with updated information.
Sprint Social Care

Hey biggmax81, I have replied your Private Message. Please check your inbox.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Ciara .. you are awesome in your work. Issue seems resolved. Now I am able to see 'Your device is unlocked for any SIM card '. I wish I have found this community earlier 🙂
But it is never late. You made my faith more strong for Sprint. Thanks a lot for your quick support. It was amazing experience. I was struggling with this issue from last 4 months and you resolved the issue in 4 hours.
Journeyman

hi i have a samsung j3 emerge that is locked to sprint can you hep me please
Sprint Social Care

Hello tui_KING, in order for the device to be unlocked, there are some requirements that needs to meet. You can get more information about our unlock policy by clicking: http://sprint.co/2hsLh04 .

If your device meets these requirements, feel free to send us a Private Message, so that we can further assist you.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi.

I am really frustrated with Sprint unlocked issue, just as above. My phone after 1 month purchase still unlocked although sprint said is Unlocked. An exact problems as here the phone said Locked, Only Sprint SIM card is valid, UICC is locked.

May you help? Greatly acppreciated. Thanks.

Hello maryccc, lets figure this out! I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

*Please keep in mind that in order to unlock a device from Sprint's network, there are some criteria it has to meet:
•The device is Domestic SIM Unlock capable
•The device must be or have been active on the Sprint network for a minimum of 50 days
•Any associated Service Agreement, Installment Billing Agreement, or Lease Agreement has been fulfilled including payment in full of any applicable early termination fees or end-of-lease purchase options. Because leased devices are not owned by the user, the end of lease purchase option must be exercised and paid in full before the Domestic SIM unlock is completed.
•The associated account is in good standing
•The device has not been reported as lost or stolen, associated with fraudulent activity, or otherwise flagged as ineligible to be unlocked.

For more information about our unlock policy, visit: www.Sprint.com/unlock .

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi, i believe my phone meet all requirements up there, except the 1st one i am not sure what it means, although i think is met, too. It was Sprint Sim card.
I appreciate it but how can you help me?
Sprint Employee

Hello Mary, you should have received a private message from Mayorin, any of the people here with a badge like hers will gladly help, please check your inbox in the upper right hand corner.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Hi Ciara,
I have the same problem even I was told by Sprint that my Samsung J3 has been unlocked. I am still getting "Invalid SIM Card" when I used a SIM Card of a local carrier provider in Taiwan.
Does Samsung J3 must be unlocked differently for using an international carrier? BTW System Update is showing UICC Unlock "Your device is locked to Sprint SIMs only."

Hello deserthermit, let's take a look into this, usually when a device is unlocked domestically, is also international unlocked. I have sent you a Private Message, feel free to reply at your earliest convenience.

Mayorin
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi Mayorin,
Thanks for the reply.

The SIM Card I used in Taiwan is from ChungHwa Telecom that is working with an unlocked Apple iphone SE.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat