cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint refuses to unlock my Galaxy s7

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint refuses to unlock my Galaxy s7

Last night i switched from sprint to att. While on the phone with sprint two different times, they told me my phone was successfully unlocked. Ive been trying to restart it but have had no success. When i go to about phone, it still says itself listed as sprint for the brand. I cant call or text from my phone and im at a loss. 

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Sprint refuses to unlock my Galaxy s7

Hello Amgrimmett, did you follow the three main steps of having your phone powered on, connected to Wifi and had the Sprint SIM card inserted while we were sending the unlock signal over to your phone?

SOLUTION: Sprint Hints for Successful Unlocks

Journeyman

Spoiler

@InstaAnn_Sprint @no, nobody ever told me that that was necessary. And why would i be reinserting the sprint sim card when im switching to att

I hear ya Amgrimmett. In order for the phone to receive the unlock signal the following has to be completed. 

- Turned on and plugged in

- Has Sprint sim card in the device

- Is connected to WIFi. 

I sent you a PM so I can gather some info. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

@Cat_Sprint thank you for being willing to help, i dont see any messages in my inbox tho Smiley Sad im gonna put the sprint sim back in and call them and ask to unlock again

I'll resend the PM. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat