cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint refusing to unlock my device for T-Mobile

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint refusing to unlock my device for T-Mobile

Just got off the phone with Sprint customer support. They refuse to unlock my Samsung A51 because it hasn't' been activated for 50 days straight, even though the phone is fully paid off. The rep keeps saying I need to have the phone active on Sprint 50 days in order for the phone to be unlocked, how does this make sense when Sprint doesn't exist in 50 days? I'm trying to use in under T-Mobile and I'm getting denied by Sprint, which is really T-Mobile.

I previously had the phone on the account and it worked perfectly fine using the T-Mobile signal. I thought this period is suppose to be a smooth transition from Sprint to T-Mobile, instead it's another headache.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Hi! According to our Unlocking Policy you were provided with correct information, which you can review here; http://sprint.co/2HF8FlH . If you're seeking to move to a T-Mobile account, this can be done by transferring your Sprint line over to a T-Mobile account through our standard porting process. However, If you wait, we'll take care of all of that for you. Review here for more information; https://sprint.co/2WVjnPY . 

Highlighted

I'm interested to see more information but the 2nd link is not working. 

20200727_094347.jpg

Highlighted

Let's try this one; https://www.sprint.com/en/landings/welcome-to-tmo.html?ECID=vanity:tmomerger , if not, try using another web browser. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Ayana,

Thank you for the link, but it just states what I already know. At the moment the phone is still unable to be used on T-Mobile if I put a T-Mobile sim card in. If I put the phone back on my "Sprint" account it works flawless on the T-Mobile signal. You see where I'm trapped? 

I don't want the phone unlocked for Verizon, AT&T, or any other carrier. The phone technically is on T-Mobile right now, but only through my account which is still Sprint BY NAME ONLY. Why can't this transition be smooth?

I don't want to wait 50 days to pretend to "unlock" a phone that's already working on the carrier it's suppose to be locked to! I'm sure this is a legal issue and I've notated my struggles on my account. 

To recap the phone is not under contract. I do not owe any money. In the history of my account I never requested an unlock. Sprint doesn't exist for me to wait 50 days for Sprint to unlock my phone, this is a joke. 

Highlighted

I understand and we're making changes on a step by step basis. As mentioned previously, if you need to move your line to a T-Mobile account now, you'll have to follow our standard porting process. 

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat