Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint techs didn't transfer ALL data when new phone purchased

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint techs didn't transfer ALL data when new phone purchased

I just upgraded to the Galaxy 20 5G, and the employees at the Sprint store activated my account and told me they were transferring all my data from my old phone to the new one. When I came back a couple hours later to pick up my new phone the tech asked me to check to see if everything had transferred. I checked photos and contacts and everything looked good. Happy day for me. 

Fast forward 2 days and I go to look at an excel document that was on my old phone. It isn't on my new phone nor any other excel documents I had created on my old phone. Checked a couple other apps, and zilch there also (one app had a 5,000 item library inventory I had inputted by hand over the past couple of years [will probably take a couple of weeks to re-populate this inventory]). 

Checked today with store trying to get the SD Card from old phone back and was told my old phone was shipped out the day after I purchased the new one to a warehouse for refurbish. I was told by the store staff (the person who sold me the phone and did the data transfer) that there was nothing they could do. I find it hard to believe that my old phone can't be tracked and the card removed and returned to me. 

As long as Sprint has been in business I can not be the first person to have data on my phone other than photos and contacts that need to be transferred... Your store employees transfer data from phone to phone on a regular basis, I don't. They are the experts on this. They should know to say, "these are they types of files we transferred, do you have any other type of files on here?" Was I expected to stand in the store and go through every program, every app on my phone to make sure that every kilobyte of data has been transferred? 

My old phone has to be in Sprint's database someplace to show where it is and that location can be contacted in order to retrieve my SD card and return it to me.

My customer satisfaction with this purchase/upgrade has taken a sharp downturn and left me very unhappy and unsatisfied with Sprint and its processes. I felt that the staff in the store didn't want to help me today and gave me little help to retrieve the data that they lost by not doing their job in transferring ALL of my data.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Re: Sprint techs didn't transfer ALL data when new phone purchased

Good morning. We can understand that you are upset over losing that important information. You are right, the agent should have given you the option to backup other phone information. Our sincere apologies for any impasse this may have caused. Unfortunately., since the device was already sent out, we are unable to recover the device or information. 

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat