cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint told me my phone was unlocked, but it is still locked.

Journeyman

Re: Sprint told me my phone was unlocked, but it is still locked.

I have the same issue.  Sprint is telling me that the phone is unlocked but I when I insert a Cricket SIM, I get an Invalid SIM error.

In the UICC setting.... I have a msg that says "Your Device is locked to Sprint SIMs only"

I have called Sprint cust Support 4 times.

Can anyone help?

GrandMaster

if it is no longer on a active line make sure that the Sprint sim card is still in it, that its turned on and connected to wifi with any power saving settings turned off so it doesnt disconnect you from wifi at any point..make sure this is done prior to an agent contacting you so there are less chances of the phone not receiving the unlock code.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Thanks, all your recommendations are in use. I'm on the phone with Sprint.

Let's see If we are successful....

Let me know if you need help further. 

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes, I need help. 

Sprint Cust Support could not resolve.

Highlighted

Alright let me take a look.

Has your phone been on wifi with the original SIM in it? If so, then did you try resetting your phone? With the Sprint SIM in it you can press ## BRAND # and your phone will restart. Once it comes back up press ## SCRTN # and this will restart your network.

Journeyman

was not told about '##brand#

Performing  ##brand# and ##SCRTN# now

Journeyman

My issue has been resolved.

Thank YOU, @Megntron_Sprint

So happy to hear you issue has been resolved @Renefcruz. We are always here to help. 🙂

Journeyman

I'm having a similar problem:

1.) I brought an unlocked ATT iphone 6s to a Sprint BYOD plan and bought an insurance plan from Asurion.

2.) After some connectivity problems, Asurion had me send them the original unlocked iPhone above and they replaced it with a refurbished iPhone 6s. 

3.) Now i find out that the replacement iPhone from Asurion is locked to Sprint.  Sprint customer service put in an unlock ticket for me, but I received an email saying the iPhone could not be unlocked because it came from another carrier.

Can you help straighten this out.  

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat