cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tab s4 software update

Journeyman

Tab s4 software update

Why has such a new device not been updated since September. I looked at the other carriers and they have updated the Tab S4 as recent as January. If there isn't going to be an update I might as well return it since it won't be supported.

5 REPLIES 5
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Tab s4 software update

Have you checked under your settings to push through any updates?

"Is your name Wi-Fi? Because I'm feeling a connection."
Journeyman

Yes the last update was in September they haven't done one since, which for a new device is pretty unacceptable even if it isn't the most popular product

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

As the security updates are rolled out to Sprint they have to be tested out on each device on the network so we can ensure compatibility before pushing out the updates. We have to work with the manufacturers to help squash any bugs that come up before we roll them out to the devices which can take some time. 

"Hail Yourself!" - Ben Kissel

Wizard

Yeah I'm looking at getting a Tab at some point but will wait for the Tab S5 anyway Remember that the Tab Devices get Android Security Updates Quarterly to where most of the major model Mobile Devices get them Monthly..

Here a list below 

https://security.samsungmobile.com/workScope.smsb

Current Models for Monthly Security Updates¹

• Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 Edge, Galaxy S7 Active, Galaxy S8, Galaxy S8+, Galaxy S8 Active, Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+
  • Galaxy Note 8, Galaxy Note 9
  • Galaxy A5 (2017), Galaxy A8 (2018)

Current Models for Quarterly Security Updates²

• Galaxy S8 Lite, Galaxy Note FE
  • Galaxy A3 (2017), Galaxy A5 (2016), Galaxy A6, Galaxy A6+, Galaxy A7 (2017), Galaxy A7 (2018)
  • Galaxy A8+ (2018), Galaxy A8 Star, Galaxy A8s, Galaxy A9 (2018)
  • Galaxy J2 (2018), Galaxy J2 Core, Galaxy J3 (2017), Galaxy J3 Top
  • Galaxy J4, Galaxy J4+, Galaxy J4 Core, Galaxy J5 (2017), Galaxy J6, Galaxy J6+
  • Galaxy J7 (2017), Galaxy J7 Duo, Galaxy J7 Max, Galaxy J7 Neo, Galaxy J7 Pop, Galaxy J7 Top, Galaxy J7 Prime2, Galaxy J7+, Galaxy J8
  • Galaxy M10, Galaxy M20
  • Galaxy Tab A (2017), Galaxy Tab A 10.5, Galaxy Tab Active2, Galaxy Tab S3 9.7, Galaxy Tab S4 10.5, Galaxy Tab E 8 Refresh

Current Models for Other Regular Security Updates²

• Galaxy A3 (2016)
  • Galaxy J3 Pop, Galaxy J5 (2016), Galaxy J5 Prime, Galaxy J7 (2016), Galaxy J7 Prime
  • Galaxy Tab A 10.1 (2016), Galaxy Tab S2 L Refresh, Galaxy Tab S2 S Refresh

¹ The list of monthly security update models are subject to change as the regular support period expires.
Also, some carriers may only support quarterly updates for all applicable current models listed above.

² The list of security update models are subject to change and it will be reviewed on a periodic basis.

Community Manager

The last update was November, version T837PVPU1ARJ3.  The software is given to us by the OEM.  Once we have tested it is given back to the OEM for deployment.  Assuming there were no issues during testing.

@ashsolo1 wrote:

Why has such a new device not been updated since September. I looked at the other carriers and they have updated the Tab S4 as recent as January. If there isn't going to be an update I might as well return it since it won't be supported.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat