cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and surf simultaneously

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Talk and surf simultaneously

Well odd, I would prefer to keep voice on CDMA and use the data on LTE. Although the LTE overages could be spotty.

Journeyman

Most of you guys are forgetting the fact that the older non-triband phones (Galaxy S3, Note2, Early Note3) all had separate physical radios for 3G and first gen LTE. All the new triband phones have 1 single physical radio and antenna, which is why these phones lost the ability to do talk and surf... I loved my S3 and hung on to it for soo long just because it COULD talk/surf simultaneously. For today's phones where 3G is obsolete and using greater spectrum it only makes sense that the work around would be VoLTE.

GrandMaster

when it comes to the CDMA carriers VoLTE was never needed..now to keep up with the newer styled single antenna devices you are correct...they must now jump their way into deploying VoLTE or variants of it to get their abilities back.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Sprint Product Ambassador

You make some great points. But we (we = Sprint, I'm a Sprint employee and Note 8 Product Ambassador) didn't forget. The combining of all radios on one SoC (system on chip) is being done across the board by all chip OEMs including Qualcomm. What the public demands more than talk & surf is thinner, lighter, faster devices with longer lasting batteries. In order to satisfy the public demand for those criteria the chip OEMs must make processing more efficient in all aspects. 

Now that we've rolled out Sprint #CallingPlus the lack of call & surf will become a distant memory.

Thanks for being a Sprint customer!
~Ninja_CJ

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Journeyman

If anybody is interested, the unlocked by Samsung® Note 8 Special Edition version also has Calling Plus, LTE Calling, VoLTE, or whatever Sprint calls it. Yay, I can now talk and surf simultaneously on my unlocked by Samsung® Special Edition Note 8!

Screenshot_20180302-220507.jpgSprint VoLTE on my unlocked by Samsung® Note 8

Journeyman

How did you enable that?   I tried the shortcut master directions going around and enabled LTE enhanced services so my phone now shows LTE+  But it doesn't look like that really did anything.

Highlighted
Journeyman

@howie411

It could be that Calling Plus is not available in your area. 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat