cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Talk and surf simultaneously

Go to solution
Journeyman

Talk and surf simultaneously

I feel like I've been duped. 1000 dollars fur a phone and I can't talk and use the internet simultaneously? I could on my Note 4. I have to deactivate my brand new overly expensive Phone to revert back to the older one so I can work. If I'd known, if Sprint were up front about this, I could have recognized the deal breaker and waited. I feel conned. 

Tags (1)
18 REPLIES 18
GrandMaster

Re: Talk and surf simultaneously

your Note8 has Calling Plus on it correct?

as for the Note 4 it had two antennas in it..one for 3G and voice..the other for 4G..so talk and surf was easy to pull off as long as you had a 4G signal..with the new devices there is only a single antenna so they can use the multiple bands of LTE 4G..which then only allows it to choose one ability at a time...which the calls are always going to be the priority...then sprint came out with Calling Plus which i believe is on your phone which would bring this back as long as you turn it on and are connected to LTE.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

correcting myself here. the Note 8 does not have calling plus as of yet though it is supposed to receive it in the near future from what i can tell.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community Manager

That is correct, though I do not have a firm date, it should be getting CallingPLUS and VCC soon.

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

The update for the Note 8 started today, 11/15.  The update will be available on devices over the next week and it does include the Calling PLUS feature.  

GrandMaster

@Dj_Damjano
Journeyman

Yes, the update has ARRIVED!! I am ecstatic to be able talk and surf simultaneously on this THOUSAND DOLLAR PHONE!!! I hope it's flawless!! THANK YOU!!

Journeyman

Just updated this morning and I can confirm LTE Calling works! Been waiting almost 3 years for this...

GrandMaster

@Grahm keep in mind that while on a call previously started on wifi or LTE..if you end up going into an area that is 3G your call will drop..same as it would with a VoLTE call. if you start a call while connected to 3G it wont switch to LTE and turn into a LTE call.
Master

Yeah I got it on the 15 th. Lol
I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

Well it would only make sense to me just to keep the call on 3G indefinitely, period! I mean come on, we aren't looking for studio quality audio here. Under mobile networks...network mode...clicking CDMA...will this only give you voice over the CDMA network and use of the LTE for data?

GrandMaster

then you wouldnt have call and surf abilities. same goes for any carrier that has VoLTE..you drop to 3G and that call is lost.
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat