cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting on the Galaxy Tab A - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Texting on the Galaxy Tab A - Sprint Product Ambassadors

I have been using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A for a few weeks now. I love using this tablet, and one of the cool things about this tablet in particular is that I am able to text from it. This is the first tablet that I have had where I have been able to text directly from the device without using any additional apps, etc.

SM-T580NZKAXAR-02-71016.jpg

When you activate your Samsung Galaxy Tab A on the Sprint network, it comes with a phone number attached to it. This phone number works with text messaging. In order to create a text message on the device, open the “Messages” app on the Tab A. For me, it is on my main screen. If you don’t see it there, go to Apps > Messages. In here, you can send both text and images. Side note... I tried to attach a short 3 second video, but it said the file size was too large, however I was able to create a video from within the text message and it sent fine.

Screenshot_20170203-112944.png

Screenshot_20170203-113118.png

When you’re in the Messages app, in the bottom right hand corner tap the “Write” icon. Next either enter the phone number(s) you’re trying to text in the “Enter recipients,” or tap the “Contact” icon in the top right hand corner and select your contacts to whom you want send the text message. Then, in the “Enter message” field, create your text message. Tap the “Paperclip” icon to attach a file… such as an image (existing, or you can create a new one with the camera), create a video, record audio, share your location, memo, etc.

Screenshot_20170203-114131.png

Screenshot_20170203-114149.png

Screenshot_20170203-114240.png

This feature is an added convenience and benefit to the Samsung Galaxy Tab A.  I am excited to have text messaging available on this device.

If you’re in the market for a tablet, I highly recommend you check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab A. It is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee #jruggiero #sprintproductambassadors

- Jennifer

--
The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.
7 REPLIES 7
Journeyman

Re: Texting on the Galaxy Tab A - Sprint Product Ambassadors

My Tab A came with a phone number assigned but I'm unable to text. I keep getting an error code. You are not allowed to send text messages. Msg 2120. What am I doing wrong. I have purchased a plan just for this tablet. @JRUGGIER0  any help would be great!

Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Hey Triple-AAA! That 2120 error usually means that there's a messaging block on that line.  Can you send us a Private Message with the phone number for that Tab A? We should be able to get the messaging function enabled pretty quickly!

Private message has been sent @HELPeR_Sprint 

Journeyman

What is the status of this issue? @HELPeR_Sprint 

@Triple-AAA,The private message didn't attach to your public posts. I was able to find it, and I'm going to send you a private message now to continue.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Do we have an update yet. Did my private message go through to you @RedCruzr_Sprint 

Unfortunately, your PMs aren't routing properly, so I didn't know you messaged until the public one came in again. I pulled the account and it shows the text messaging isn't provisioned. I would like for you to contact Tech Support and see if they can get it provisioned for you. 

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat