cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S9+ Security Patch for March 1, 2019 is HUGE! Why 527 Megabytes?

Highlighted
Journeyman

The S9+ Security Patch for March 1, 2019 is HUGE! Why 527 Megabytes?

April 8, 2019

I was astounded to see the Feb 1st, security patch at almost 300 Megabytes... Today I receive notice that the March 1st security patch is ready for download and is over half a billion megabytes in size!

Apparently there are no operating system enhancements, so this is purely for security.  Most Windows-10 monthly updates are this large.  

Does anyone know where I can go and read about each monthly update?  Everything the update (Security or otherwise), is "fixing" or protecting me from?

And, does anyone know if each update causes the S9+ to use more storage/memory?  You can't continually download hundreds of megs every month without losing storage/RAM over time.  Right?

-Allen in Chicagoland 

1 REPLY 1
GrandMaster

Re: The S9+ Security Patch for March 1, 2019 is HUGE! Why 527 Megabytes?

your best bet is to contact Samsung directly. any info posted over here about device updates is what is sent to them from the OEM..

like the other Samsung devices im guessing there is additional stuff going in there in pre prep for Pie and the new UI.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat