cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The esn/target equipment is not loaded in the system

Highlighted
Journeyman

The esn/target equipment is not loaded in the system

Trying to bring over 2 Note 9 phones from Verizon to Sprint and have been told the following "The esn/target equipment is not loaded in the system"

Not sure what is wrong since they are unlocked phones and will work on any network besides Sprint, including T-mobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Sprint Employee

Re: The esn/target equipment is not loaded in the system

Hi @ksbreslow! Sprint can activate the open market version of the note 9 which is sold from Samsung directly. If the model has carrier branding (Verizon, etc) on the phone, it is not an Open Market variant of the phone and it may not be eligible for BYOD. To confirm if you phones are eligible, just click www.sprint.com/byod and then on "Let's Get Started". 

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Both said "This phone can't be activated".  I have confirmed with T-mobile, AT&T and Verizon that the phones can be used on their network.

What's the issue with them being used on Sprint?

We have 1 phone that was a Verizon phone on the Sprint account now.

Highlighted
Sprint Employee

@ksbreslow, a device designed for one network is not compatible with another network merely by unlocking it. The phone is inspected to make sure it will work properly on the Sprint network, but if it doesn't pass the requirements, then it won't be eligible to be activated.

Carlos
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Since Sprint was bought out by T-mobile, I'm guessing it won't be long before everyone will be asked to upgrade their phones to ones that work on their network (GSM).

If my phones work on Verizon (CDMA) one would expect it to work on Sprint (CDMA) as well.  My guess is Sprint is just being difficult and trying to get people to buy phones from them.  Which in turn is probably part of the reason they have lost customers and don't always get new ones either.  People are just tired of playing games with Sprint when it comes to their phones.

I'll just sell these and buy the SM-N960U1 model, which I know work on Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat