cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time keeps changing on Note 9

Journeyman

Time keeps changing on Note 9

I upgraded to the Note 9 yesterday afternoon, and later that evening the phone did an automatic update. Ever since, the time has been periodically changing on my phone to 5 hours forward. Toggling automatic date & time on/off fixes it temporarily, but it has continued to happen. I've updated the profile & PRL but neither has permantly fixed the issue. 

12 REPLIES 12
Sprint Social Care S.M.A.R.T. Agent

Re: Time keeps changing on Note 9

I would try power cycling the device, and leaving off for 3 minutes. Let us know if the problem keeps happening after that. 

Journeyman

I tried this, and the problem is still continuing after doing so. 

Hmm.. I am going to send this up for to have this looked into. I am going to PM you for details. 

Journeyman

What was the result of this? I've been having the same problem.

Journeyman

I just ended up having to turn off the automatic date & time detection, and leave it entered manually.

Howdy Crrensberger. That is an excellent question, at this time the best work around is to turn off the auto time and date. We're consulting with our higher level tech wizards to get a better solution regarding this matter. 

Stay tuned for updates. 

Cat
Small Scale Farmer 

Pulling issue and planting solutions.
If I was able to plant your solutions, please accept and/or kudos the resolution.
Journeyman

So I started having this issue just last night and I called Sprint today, was told that my phone was refreshed and re-updated. Sprint also said that everything looked good on their end as far is troubleshooting went. Their best solution was to keep the automatic time change off.

Crazy though because I been with Sprint for a while and never encountered this until yesterday. I also just upgraded to a Note 9 beginning of the month.

@rspz23, I want you to turn the automatic time back on. Then I want you to update the data profile and reset the network settings. Do you need the steps?

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Journeyman

Okay, as instructed, I did all steps and even restarted my phone. I hope this works but I'll keep you updated if it acts up again. It was driving me nuts the past 2 days and I never experienced it before!

Oh, I understand. That would drive me nuts too. Keep me posted.

RedCruzr
Social Care 

Queen of Unlocks and Billing Questions. Samsung for Life!!
Kudos and Accepted Solutions are welcomed and appreciated.
Highlighted
Journeyman

So about 24 hours later or so, I gottah say, that solution you gave me really worked since I did it yesterday. I'm hoping it stays that way!
Thank you!
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat